2024 Creighton Baseball

Talk about Creighton athletics.

Return to Jays Sports

Re: 2024 Creighton Baseball

Postby Jaybird » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 pm

Those Deters dingers were the ballgame. He really knows how to play the wind.

Ed hasn't lost in Lincoln since 2017. If the cornographers can't at least be competitive, maybe Creighton should stop giving them three games every year. We need quality wins, not these RPI-killing gimmes. (I kid. Well, a little anyway).
Jaybird

Postby JayPak » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 pm

Even if Jays don't make Prasco, season won't be considered a total failure with the series win over Little Red.
Will this season end up being similar to 2018, when the Jays went 11-0 in midweek games but 8-9 in BE play and failed to make Prasco?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Realhoops » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 pm

Took care of woeful Villanova in game 1 today.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Realhoops » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 pm

…. And down 0-9 in the third in game 2.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby BirdBoy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 pm

They gotta find some consistency. It's strange seeing them in 5th place in the BE with a 28-8 record. One day they'll beat a good team like Nebraska, the other they'll give up 13 (!) runs to 13-23 Villanova.
BirdBoy

Postby JayPak » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:40 am

Hitters seem to check out for stretches of games, but it’s nothing compared to the bullpen woes. Saturday, Burke followed up his best appearance of the season with his worst.

Team misses the injured Tate Gillen and Dominic Cancellieri.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby drbluejay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:58 am

It's sad the way the Jays have played the last 2 years in conference play. If the season was over today, the Jays would miss out on the conference tournament for the 2nd year in a row. If that happens, it might be time to look for a new coach. 5th place sucks.
drbluejay

Postby Realhoops » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:29 am

So far seems very similar to last year. The team played well and ran up a great record in nonconference, has dominated the team up the road in midweek games, and is winning most weekend series -- but dropping games instead of sweeping anyone, home or away. And those dropped games are enough to keep you out of the conference tourney when only four teams make it. It's a shame the conference tourney only has four teams playing in it in the first place, but need to actually execute to get there knowing what it is. I'm not a huge Servais fan, but I also don't know that Creighton can attract a high quality replacement playing in the north and in the Big East, despite the Schwab.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby BellevueJay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:51 am

Realhoops wrote:So far seems very similar to last year. The team played well and ran up a great record in nonconference, has dominated the team up the road in midweek games, and is winning most weekend series -- but dropping games instead of sweeping anyone, home or away. And those dropped games are enough to keep you out of the conference tourney when only four teams make it. It's a shame the conference tourney only has four teams playing in it in the first place, but need to actually execute to get there knowing what it is. I'm not a huge Servais fan, but I also don't know that Creighton can attract a high quality replacement playing in the north and in the Big East, despite the Schwab.

Man, we get 2000 to a game at the Schwab, it looks sad and barren. Once they get a new softball/baseball field and can actually fill the park, we may have a home field advantage, things can be better. The BE is not a tough conference, we should be able to make the top 4 year in year out with minimal effort. Not sure Coach Ed is putting the effort needed in.
BellevueJay

Postby BirdBoy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:24 pm

BirdBoy wrote:They gotta find some consistency. It's strange seeing them in 5th place in the BE with a 28-8 record. One day they'll beat a good team like Nebraska, the other they'll give up 13 (!) runs to 13-23 Villanova.

And now they get walked off... By 14-23 Villanova... Sigh
BirdBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Jays Sports