Eric DeJulio - D
Mike Paye - M
Fernando Castellanos - M

In ::

Trent Williams - M (Spring Addition)
Jake Demerath - F (Spring Addition)
Akeem Ward - D (Spring Addition)
Luke Haakenson - M

Despite losses Jays return some key attackers in Ricky Lopez-Espin, Myles Englis and Noah Franke who came on late in the season to become a integral part of the Jays system. Diego Bacellar, who played sparingly last season, should get major minutes this Spring with hopes to crack the line-up.

Jays will rely heavily on midfield duo Ricardo Perez and Joel Rydstand, with possible attacking midfield duties going to US U20 Evan Waldrep who can also slot deep.

In defense Jays will count on Lucas Stauffer, who is team's most technical and gifted player. Stauffer slotted in at LB last year and could play there again, but also could move into an attacking mid or wide role.

Center of defense will be anchored by Portland Timbers youth product Peter Prescott who played meaningful minutes last season. He will be joined by Mitch LaGro who is coming off a red-shirt, and Felix Kollmanther. Freshman Akeem Ward, a spring transfer, could be an option at fullback. The Diminutive speedster will excel in Bolowich's attacking back system.

Long time back-up goalkeeper Michael Kluver has excellent athleticism and should be in pole position in the spring. Do not discount Jacob Rooth from net-minder duties.

Rumors that both red-shirt freshman Bryce Gibson and Conor Ramlo impressed throughout last fall. Gibson, a 6-4 striker and central defender in high school, has all the tools for a breakout year. Ramlo is a sturdy defender who has excellent leadership skills and could provide the Jays an option at CB if they prefer LaGro out wide.

I will have a Spring preview on WBR once Spring schedule is released with new additions. Expect 2-4 more players coming in this Fall.
hilltopalum

Re: 2016 Creighton Soccer

Postby cu8493 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 am

Ethan Finley had the assist for US national team 1-0 win on a pinpoint cross from the wing to Jose Altidor for a header in the 89th minute.
cu8493

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:50 pm

cu8493 wrote:Ethan Finley had the assist for US national team 1-0 win on a pinpoint cross from the wing to Jose Altidor for a header in the 89th minute.

Jozy was really complimentary of not only the pass, but of Finlay (with an a) in general as a player. He's really come on strong lately in the MLS too. Good to see things working out for Ethan. He's a good dude. And a Packers fan.
JacobPadilla

Postby RVB » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Men's Soccer unveils spring schedule

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2016/2/ ... slate.aspx
RVB

Postby Bluebird1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Does anyone know the results of the TX soccer games last weekend?
Bluebird1

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Bluebird1 wrote:Does anyone know the results of the TX soccer games last weekend?

Got hammered both games. As in lost badly. Didn't score a goal.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Bluebird1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Wow. 0-5 and 0-4. And one was a community college. Guess this will be more of a rebuilding year than we hoped.
Bluebird1

Postby RVB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Men's Soccer cancels three spring games

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2016/4/ ... games.aspx
RVB

Postby Dangerous » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 pm

2-0 win last night over UNO at Caniglia. Both goals scored in the last 10 minutes by RLE and Franke. Rooth (?) was in net for the first ~75 minutes; Kluver came in to close out the game. Rooth played fine but didn't look great handling balls in the air on corner kicks / set pieces.

The starting lineup was something like :

— — — — — — Lopez-Espin — — — — — —

— — — — — — — Englis — — — — — — — 
— — ? — — Perez — — Rydstrand — — 
— — — — — — — Waldrep — — — — — — — 

Stauffer — LaGro — Prescott — Paye
— — — — — — — Rooth — — — — — — — 

I know that's only 10 guys but I can't think of who else got on. Someone else can correct me.

Stauffer was great, as usual. He was replaced at about 75' by Timbers Academy and new transfer Stefan Wutte who, I think, got the assist on one of the CU goals.

In general the game was a little physical but nothing too chippy. Two yellow cards given, I think, by a good officiating crew. Fingers crossed for an annual derby matchup.
Space jam lol be for we played UCF in college I asked MJs son Marcus during warmups if he was actually in space jam sure was still won by20 —@AY30, 9/16/14
Dangerous

Postby Jet915 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 pm

I know it's spring but it's nice to see we beat someone.
Jet915

Next

Return to Jays Sports