2016 Creighton Women's Soccer

Talk about Creighton athletics.

Return to Jays Sports

Re: 2016 Creighton Women's Soccer

Postby wildjays » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:15 pm

Talk about the team and the two wins at the beginning of this week's podcast.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/bluejays- ... episode-8/
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Made the quick drive down to Providence from Boston yesterday to see the ladies take on PC. Officiating was horrid on both sides. First time I ever saw an official make calls based on reaction and appeal from the sidelines so much.

For what it's worth, we looked solid at the back most of the game (save for the final break by PC in OT that lead to a numbers advantage and game-winning goal) but really outside of Sully, had a poor showing in the final 3rd.
BostonBlueJay

Postby JayPak » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm sure the team appreciated having some support in the stands. Providence did a good job of marking Sullivan and denying her the ball or keeping her along the offensive right sideline. Defense was mostly solid but gave up some breakaways on the defensive left side. Long shots from the right middle are the achilles heel of the defense.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby BostonBlueJay » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:44 pm

JayPak wrote:I'm sure the team appreciated having some support in the stands. Providence did a good job of marking Sullivan and denying her the ball or keeping her along the offensive right sideline. Defense was mostly solid but gave up some breakaways on the defensive left side. Long shots from the right middle are the achilles heel of the defense.

Game might not have gone into OT had we not been fortunate to not get caught and punished with some of the defensive clearances--namely trying to clear it by kicking it up the middle.
BostonBlueJay

Postby JayPharmAlum » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Bruce Erickson hired today as UNI women's soccer coach.
JayPharmAlum

Postby JayPak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:36 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:Bruce Erickson hired today as UNI women's soccer coach.

Good fit. Good luck.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Previous

Return to Jays Sports