Riggs Lennon - F :: Graduated
Ricardo Perez - M :: Signed Homegrown with Colorado Rapids
Evan Waldrep - M :: Transferred to Grand Canyon
Myles Englis - M :: Graduated trying out for Charleston Battery
Karim Sawaf - F :: Transferred
Yasin Abdulgasem - F :: Graduated
Fabio Rumpler - M :: Transferred

In::
Anthony Macchione - F :: Transferred from Akron (Spring Addition)
Christopher Lund - D :: Denmark/Singapore (Spring Addition)
Dominic Valdivia - M :: From Total Football Academy LA & Loyola High School
Austin Wormell - G :: From Tulsa United
~6 more players

Jays lose long-time midfield fulcrum Ricardo Perez, who impressed many by signing with Colorado Rapids. With the lack of depth in Colorado Perez could see time there if he hits the ground running with camp.

Jays also lose senior transfers Alex Kapp and Riggs Lennon who both greatly impacted and helped this team into reaching the Sweet 16. Lennon was a goal machine early and provide Creighton with an instant offensive weapon. Kapp shocked some pundits by being drafted by MLS new boys Atlanta United. Kapp recently had shoulder surgery and will remain in Omaha to rehab prior to joining up with Atlanta’s second team.

Evan Waldrep, Fabio Rumpler and Karim Sawaf have left the program looking for different roles. All had high upside and will be missed on the Hilltop.

Jays welcome Akron transfer Anthony Macchione and defender Christopher Lund. Macchione was riddled by injury last season at Akron but according to spring training is fit and ready to hit the spring season running. Lund is an interesting player. He joins the Jays via stops in Denmark and Singapore. The Danish-Korean center-back is 6-2, right footed and imposing on the field. It sounds like Lund will provide quality depth for the Jays behind last year’s starting duo Peter Prescott and Mitch LaGro.

Creighton has also received verbal commitments from midfielder Dominic Valdivia (younger brother of back-up GK Collin) of Los Angeles Loyola HS and goalkeeper Austin Wormell of Tulsa United.

I would imagine the Jays are after impact transfers like Lennon and Kapp were for them in 2016, as well as a few more players from abroad.

Akeem Ward is back and ready to go for the spring season. No other current injuries.

Here is how I can see the Jays lining up for the spring:

GK: Michael Kluver
LB: Akeem Ward
CB: Peter Prescott
CB: Mitch LaGro
RB: Julius Fohr
CM: Joel Rydstand
CM: Lucas Stauffer
LM: Luke Haakenson
RM: Noah Franke
AM: Ricky Lopez-Espin
ST: Anthony Macchione
hilltopalum

Re: 2017 Creighton Men's Soccer

Postby D Jay Fan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:11 pm

I like the lineup. Glad to see Ward back, we missed his speed. We could use a better facilitator in the middle. Lucas' style is physical, but we will need some finesse there. I am not a Ricky fan. He is so selfish. And Waldrop seemed to regress from his freshman year, so him leaving isn't a loss. I am a bit surprised that Kluver will be in goal. Elmar didn't seem to let him out any. Kind of like Mo, it is good to have a backup with some minutes played. Alex was playing less than full strength at the end too. I do hope Kluver will learn to get off his line more.
D Jay Fan

Postby creightonjay » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 am

Sven Koenig will be an impact player. He will start at either of the wing positions
creightonjay

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:02 am

creightonjay wrote:Sven Koenig will be an impact player. He will start at either of the wing positions

is he on campus already?
hilltopalum

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Jays tied Swope Park Rangers in KC on Saturday. Ricky Lopez-Espin open his 2017 account. SPR are a nice side filled with some good ex-NCAA players and good young prospects. A good result for the Jays.
hilltopalum

Postby Bluebird1 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:03 am

MEN’S SOCCER AT HOME TOMORROW
Head coach Elmar Bolowich and the men’s soccer team will host Rockhurst in an exhibition match tomorrow at the Rev. Michael G. Morrison, S.J., Stadium (4:00 p.m., kick-off). The match is open to the public with free admission.

Any info on the exhibition in MN last week?
Bluebird1

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:20 am

Jays lost to Minnesota United 0-3 last weekend. Heard Luke Hakkenson was monitoring a knock so he did not go against his hometown team. I did get a report that Akeem Ward has been playing amazing and looks fully recovered. Rumors that Elmar spent the better part of March in Europe recruiting and will be bringing in a number of impact players to supplement starters.
hilltopalum

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:20 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Jays lost to Minnesota United 0-3 last weekend. Heard Luke Hakkenson was monitoring a knock so he did not go against his hometown team. I did get a report that Akeem Ward has been playing amazing and looks fully recovered. Rumors that Elmar spent the better part of March in Europe recruiting and will be bringing in a number of impact players to supplement starters.

Great news, there. Soccer is one sport that I thoroughly enjoy...but similar to college baseball (except worse off) gets zero to little information on a national scale. Makes it difficult for those of us outside the midwest to keep closer tabs.
BostonBlueJay

Postby Bluebird1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Can anyone provide a synopsis or any info on the Spring game yesterday (vs. Denver)?
Bluebird1

Postby hilltopalum » Mon May 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Creighton in PDL: (more to come)

Ricky Lopez-Espin - Tampa Bay Rowdies
Daniel Ribas - Tampa Bay Rowdies
Noah Franke - Tampa Bay Rowdies
Mitchell LaGro - Lane United FC
Peter Prescott - Lane United FC
Anthony Macchione - Lane United FC
Joel Rydstrand - Lane United FC
Akeem Ward - Lane United FC