2023 Creighton Women's Soccer

Talk about Creighton athletics.

Return to Jays Sports

Re: 2023 Creighton Women's Soccer

Postby JayPak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:50 pm

Hard to watch, with Ross Paule being an alum, legendary Creighton player, and a well-liked guy who ran a clean program.

But necessary. In 9 years, only qualified for the BET twice, with no wins, and exactly zero NCAAT appearances.

In fact, since the last NCAAT appearance in 2010, Creighton WSOC has not even won a single CONFERENCE tournament game in 13 years!!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby wildjays » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:06 pm

JayPak wrote:Hard to watch, with Ross Paule being an alum, legendary Creighton player, and a well-liked guy who ran a clean program.

But necessary. In 9 years, only qualified for the BET twice, with no wins, and exactly zero NCAAT appearances.

In fact, since the last NCAAT appearance in 2010, Creighton WSOC has not even won a single CONFERENCE tournament game in 13 years!!

Actually they won a conference tournament game last season. Beat Butler in PK's before losing to Georgetown 1-0
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Postby RVB » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Azumi Manriki and Peighton Steffen earn All-BIG EAST recognition

https://gocreighton.com/news/2023/11/1/ ... ition.aspx
RVB

Postby JayPak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:25 am

An excellent HC candidate for Creighton WSOC would be Brock Thompson at South Dakota State.
- Been with the Jacks since 2008, HC since 2017. Since 2008, 6 regular season titles and 5 conference tournament titles.
- HC record of 93-24-20.
- 6 years of successful HC experience in D2 prior to SDSU.
- Record of academic excellence and team sportsmanship awards.
- Extensive coaching experience at HS and club levels.
- Involved with his local soccer community.
- Catholic, board member of FCA.
- mid-40's, native of Blair, Nebraska.

Another candidate would be Creighton alum Tim Walters at UNO.
-Been with the Mavs since 2011, HC since 2017.
- 5 conference tournament finals in his 7 years as HC, with 1 title
- Played for Creighton, final season in '08, and then was grad assistant at CU for a year.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby BellevueJay » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:33 pm

JayPak wrote:An excellent HC candidate for Creighton WSOC would be Brock Thompson at South Dakota State.
- Been with the Jacks since 2008, HC since 2017. Since 2008, 6 regular season titles and 5 conference tournament titles.
- HC record of 93-24-20.
- 6 years of successful HC experience in D2 prior to SDSU.
- Record of academic excellence and team sportsmanship awards.
- Extensive coaching experience at HS and club levels.
- Involved with his local soccer community.
- Catholic, board member of FCA.
- mid-40's, native of Blair, Nebraska.

Another candidate would be Creighton alum Tim Walters at UNO.
-Been with the Mavs since 2011, HC since 2017.
- 5 conference tournament finals in his 7 years as HC, with 1 title
- Played for Creighton, final season in '08, and then was grad assistant at CU for a year.

I like both of those names, another name I like is Lewis Theobald at Central Missouri. He's done some amazing things with that program. Has some experience in the MoValley and knows Creighton. Knows the region and how to recruit. Not sure what AD Blossom is looking for in potential candidates, but he would be in an upper tier for me.
BellevueJay

Postby JayPak » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:18 pm

BellevueJay wrote:
I like both of those names, another name I like is Lewis Theobald at Central Missouri. He's done some amazing things with that program. Has some experience in the MoValley and knows Creighton. Knows the region and how to recruit. Not sure what AD Blossom is looking for in potential candidates, but he would be in an upper tier for me.

I would hope that AD Blossom doesn't rule out a candidate from D2 or another lower level. Generally speaking, soccer is a sport where candidates new to D1 have had success. One wild card in any soccer coaching search would be how much the AD wants the program to recruit internationally.
JayPak

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:33 am

JacobPadilla

Previous

Return to Jays Sports