2023 Creighton Volleyball

Talk about Creighton athletics.

Return to Jays Sports

Re: 2023 Creighton Volleyball

Postby jaykorver » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:21 am

I think Ellie is headed to SMU. It is now listed on her one of social media bios.
jaykorver

Re: Transfer Portal

Postby JayPak » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:22 am

Mike wrote:Does anyone know of volleyball players in the transfer portal that Creighton is pursuing?

former Penn St libero Maddy Bilinovic (grad student next year, presume 1 year of eligibility left)
former Nebraska opp Caroline Jurevicius (4 years of eligibility)
Haven't seen any mention yet of an offensive middle to replace Schmitt and Remmes.

Ellie to SMU confirmed.
Last edited by JayPak on Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby jaykorver » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:09 pm

JayPak wrote:former Nebraska opp Caroline Jurevicius (4 years of eligibility)

I don't know it will have any impact on where she lands but her family moved to Lincoln this year when she started at Nebraska.

I wonder if she will end up at Penn state where her dad played football. Given that she has 4 full years of eligibility and was such a big recruit, she may be one of the most sought after players in the portal this year.
jaykorver

Postby JayPak » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:36 pm

jaykorver wrote:

I don't know it will have any impact on where she lands but her family moved to Lincoln this year when she started at Nebraska.

I wonder if she will end up at Penn state where her dad played football. Given that she has 4 full years of eligibility and was such a big recruit, she may be one of the most sought after players in the portal this year.

Indeed. Jurevicius was the #17 overall recruit in her class, according to the OWH today.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby T-bone » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:46 pm

jaykorver wrote:

They moved to Lincoln at the request of her younger sister, who plays volleyball too and wanted to play in college, according to an article in the Athletic recently.
Last edited by T-bone on Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-bone

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:00 pm

JayPak wrote:
jaykorver wrote:

Indeed. Jurevicius was the #17 overall recruit in her class, according to the OWH today.

Kubik No. 18 in 2019.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby jaykorver » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:23 pm

T-bone wrote:
jaykorver wrote:

They moved to Lincoln at the request of her younger sister, who plays volleyball too and wanted to play in college, according to an article in the Athletic recently.

Yeah I saw that article too. Not sure I can fully buy that the decision had absolutely nothing to do with Caroline playing for Nebraska. There are other places with good HS and club programs.

Speaking of that article, I hope most teams are consulting with the SA before deciding to redshirt them (which didn't happen in Jurevicius's case).
jaykorver

Postby jaykorver » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:00 pm

Looks like we will get some portal news soon. It looks like more backcourt support is on the way to me.
jaykorver

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:24 pm

jaykorver wrote:It looks like more backcourt support is on the way to me.

Ha, fans looking at NU's Lauenstein, Kubik and Jurevicius in the portal, then seeing this. ^^^^

Wizard of Westroads

Postby jaykorver » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:02 pm

JayPak wrote:
Mike wrote:Does anyone know of volleyball players in the transfer portal that Creighton is pursuing?

former Penn St libero Maddy Bilinovic (grad student next year, presume 1 year of eligibility left)

It is official. Maddy Bilinovic is headed to Creighton for her grad year per her latest instagram post. Really good addition. She was the starting libero for Penn St as a junior and more of a DS as a senior.

Update: also adding this post- what a serve to put Penn State into the Sweet 16 this year!!
Last edited by jaykorver on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jaykorver

PreviousNext

Return to Jays Sports