Switch to full style
Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

2013 SG Joe Coleman (Transfer)

Fri May 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Creighton is hot on the trial of Minnesota transfer Joe Coleman. Coleman was heavily recruited by this staff coming out of High School. The 6'4'' Coleman is supremely athletic and good at getting and finishing near the rim. Coleman would have to sit out a year wherever he decides to transfer.

The 6'4'' is said to be looking at Iowa State, Providence, Mizzou, San Diego St, Maryland along with Creighton.

Schools on Coleman's list have been busy in the transfer market:

- Iowa State has already taken 6'6'' Guard/Wing Abdel Nader & 5'9'' G Maurice Jones

- San Diego St has added 6'8'' Forward Angelo Chol

- Mizzou recently added 6'3'' Guard Deuce Bello

I am not sure where Iowa State, San Diego State and Missouri sit with their scholarship situation but Bello and Nader could present a jam at the SG position for Missouri and Iowa State in 2014, when Coleman and these players are available.

Re: 2013 SG Joe Coleman (Transfer)

Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Has major hops.. me likey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpcoDcHxE8

Fri May 24, 2013 5:13 pm

He would be a great addition to the Jays as a scoring option after Doug's departure.

Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 pm

hilltopalum wrote:I am not sure where Iowa State, San Diego State and Missouri sit with their scholarship situation but Bello and Nader could present a jam at the SG position for Missouri and Iowa State in 2014, when Coleman and these players are available.

I am certain that Iowa St has no scholarships available. If they are going to add Coleman, they have to cut somebody loose at this late date.

Fri May 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Just imagine our team the year after next with the guys we have now, throw in a Coleman, and one of those 4 star guys we're looking at... ;) :D That's a team! Wishful thinking

Sat May 25, 2013 10:34 am

AttyAlum wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:I am not sure where Iowa State, San Diego State and Missouri sit with their scholarship situation but Bello and Nader could present a jam at the SG position for Missouri and Iowa State in 2014, when Coleman and these players are available.

I am certain that Iowa St has no scholarships available. If they are going to add Coleman, they have to cut somebody loose at this late date.

They are also close to landing Marshall transfer DeAndre Kane.

Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm

When is the dead period over for him to make a visit?

Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

They are also close to landing Marshall transfer DeAndre Kane.

thought Kane already committed to Pitt.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:39 am

fritzpointer wrote:When is the dead period over for him to make a visit?

Do dead periods and other similar recruiting rules apply to transfers?

Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am

Quick question. Since he has to sit out a full year, doesn't he have...awhile to make his decision? Or does his decision have to be "in" by a certain point to be able to play fall 2014? Related to that, is there a timeframe for his decision? When will we know his top 3?
Post a reply