2015 F Juwan Morgan (Indiana Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Juwan Morgan (Offered)

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:He has not trimmed his list from what I've seen.

The reason he moved the IU visit to this weekend is because the original visit date interfered with too many of his core classes, and he didn't want to miss those. The IU crowd seems to think this hurts their chances because his original visit was supposed to take place with Shake Milton and there was also a home football game that weekend.

This sounds reasonable, as only the IU visit changed. However, the Jays are now the final visit, so hopefully a Futbol match and the C3 will have enough 'wow' factor to help get the verbal.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... mmitt-holt
IU has commits from 6 in 2014, 3 Fwds, 1 Ctr, and 2 Gds.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Ef'n Indiana punks changed the story. It had said he would make his decision September 15 and listed the expected CU visit Sept 18-19. Then they changed it to will make his decision after he finishes with his official visits and didn't list Creighton in the story at all.

Journalistic integrity right there.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Durango Jay » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 am

Another article: http://247sports.com/Bolt/Vanderbilt-pu ... r-30841889

"Juwan Morgan moved his Indiana visit up to next weekend and said he could commit prior to taking all five of his visits."

"He is also scheduled to officially visit Creighton, Stanford and Washington, but it is looking less and less likely that those visits will occur."
Durango Jay

Postby mredle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 am

Durango Jay wrote:Another article: http://247sports.com/Bolt/Vanderbilt-pu ... r-30841889

"Juwan Morgan moved his Indiana visit up to next weekend and said he could commit prior to taking all five of his visits."

"He is also scheduled to officially visit Creighton, Stanford and Washington, but it is looking less and less likely that those visits will occur."

Given 247's track record of late, I'm still holding out hope that we at least get a look.
mredle

Postby LJay » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Durango Jay wrote:Another article: http://247sports.com/Bolt/Vanderbilt-pu ... r-30841889

The reporter creating the story chock full of his opinion. It's the American way. At one time, reporters simply reported the news.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Recap of Morgan's IU visit: https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1678507.

Just in: @evandaniels
@EvanDaniels: Juwan Morgan, who plays for MOKAN Elite, is down to Indiana and Vanderbilt, per a source. Will announce his college choice on Wednesday.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Rivals story reporting the same.

He is good but with Patton in the fold I didn't see why we were still pursuing since skills were similar.

Jays need a PG and wing. From there I see the Jays holding the fourth ride open to see what "holes" show up with the team that can be plugged with a transfer of some sort in the spring.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:49 pm

LJay wrote:Rivals story reporting the same.

He is good but with Patton in the fold I didn't see why we were still pursuing since skills were similar.

Jays need a PG and wing. From there I see the Jays holding the fourth ride open to see what "holes" show up with the team that can be plugged with a transfer of some sort in the spring.

I don't see them as similar at all. They are both guys who can make a difference defensively, but Patton is a 5 who might be able to play the 4 at times. Morgan is a 4 who might be able to play the 3 sometimes. I don't see him ever playing the 5 unless it is out of desperation.

Illikianin was more similar to Patton as they both could play the 5, so to me it made sense to drop him once we had Patton.

Morgan makes sense on this roster. We have Hegner and Huff who play the 4, but who aren't similar to Morgan... that's why I think we are trying to get him in for a visit.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Morgan mix tapes it saw were all about being around the basket, rebounding, dunking and the like, no 3 skills in the way CU utilizes the 3 which is pretty much the same as the 2. Certainly no more wing skills than I've seen from Patton who has a nice touch out to 18 feet.

Soooo, I guess we disagree.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 pm

LJay wrote:Morgan mix tapes it saw were all about being around the basket, rebounding, dunking and the like, no 3 skills in the way CU utilizes the 3 which is pretty much the same as the 2. Certainly no more wing skills than I've seen from Patton who has a nice touch out to 18 feet.

Soooo, I guess we disagree.

Yes, Morgan mostly plays inside, but apparently has a 3 pt shot also. But the BIG difference is that one is 6-11 and likely to hit 7 foot. The other is 6-7 and might get to 6-8 or 9. Patton can't defend on the wing. Morgan could, although he's a mix it up inside 4.

We'll have to disagree in any case.
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting