Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer, Wichita State Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer)

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:01 am

The problem with you, Gtmo, is you speak as if you know all there is to know when you don't know jack shit. There are many posters on here who are more plugged in than you, and even they don't act like this.

And anyway, there have been rumors for years about Dingman's dad having a tendency to back seat drive, and Mac has made that a non-issue (assuming there is something to it, which there might not even be). Let's leave it up to the staff to handle it.

If there is anything that this recruiting cycle has shown, it's that no one has an exclusive when it comes to, really, anything.

So bag it already.
HandDownManDown

Postby bird_call » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:05 am

Eye of the Jay wrote: He will play and play quite a bit. If he's a guy who wants to be the star of his team and log 30+ min per game then CU isn't for him. He will get a solid 20-25 minutes per game and more if he proves himself in the system.

Publicly, Frankamp is leaving Kansas over playing time issues. Over the previous three seasons, are starting 1 and 2 guards are getting ~30 and ~28 minutes, respectively. This year we have a four man rotation of 1s and 2s and they have all gotten 20+ minutes because Dingman has been out of the lineup and we've been going small. I'm not at all sure that will continue once we have DIngman back.

If Frankamp is 3rd in the rotation, he'll get 20+ minutes. Is that enough playing time for him?
bird_call

Postby R Jay » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:31 am

bird_call wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote: He will play and play quite a bit. If he's a guy who wants to be the star of his team and log 30+ min per game then CU isn't for him. He will get a solid 20-25 minutes per game and more if he proves himself in the system.

Publicly, Frankamp is leaving Kansas over playing time issues. Over the previous three seasons, are starting 1 and 2 guards are getting ~30 and ~28 minutes, respectively. This year we have a four man rotation of 1s and 2s and they have all gotten 20+ minutes because Dingman has been out of the lineup and we've been going small. I'm not at all sure that will continue once we have DIngman back.

If Frankamp is 3rd in the rotation, he'll get 20+ minutes. Is that enough playing time for him?

This will probably depend upon what happens with Kreklow after Dingman returns. I expect Kreklow to back up Hegner at the 4 and spend most of his time there. That would still allow for ~10-15 minutes at the 3 for Zierden or Milliken.
As for next year, Watson should start at PG which would leave the 2 spot up for grabs with Frankamp, Milliken, and Zierden vying for time there. The 3 will have a lot of competition too, however, with Huff, Harrell, and maybe Gilmore fighting for time with Milliken/Zierden.
Last edited by R Jay on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby JayPak » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 am

I expect Kreklow to stay on the floor due to the positive defensive energy he bringsdddr
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:41 am

JayPak wrote:I expect Kreklow to stay on the floor due to the positive defensive energy he bringsdddr

Me toodddr
ZMagic30

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:27 pm

bird_call wrote:

It might be playing time, I suspect it is more than that. As I pointed out early in the thread, Self's high-low offense is effective when it has a solid offensive post player or two. When it isn't the offense seems to degenerate quickly. They don't run ball screens or a lot of screens for their guards and they don't do a lot of movement like we do either. When they don't have a big post presence, their guards do a lot of standing around and then driving into the lane for contested layups or chucking up contested 3's. Given that Self can recruit athletes that are much more suited for that offense than Frankamp, there's a real reason for him to get out while he still can.

Last year he essentially wasted a year of eligibility playing and, well, not playing with the only consistent extended minutes coming in the tournament. Before that, he was stuck behind Tharp who was an awful shooter and even more awful at holding onto the ball. Given that Self has already shown that he loves the athletes when his post players aren't delivering and given that he was stuck behind a couple of players who readily showed their inability to shoot and distribute last year, I don't think there was any question that Frankamp should have gotten out.

Also, if he's looking for only minutes, he's looking in the wrong places. WSU is loaded with young guards and is already 2 over their scholarship limit for next year (something would have to give for him to go there and it wouldn't be pretty). Colorado's offense has been a mess this year, so I'm not sure how he thinks he fits in there. In any case, he would get minutes here and would be valued and used in a way that maximized his talent.
Chicagojayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:31 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:I merely differ with your opinión. No doubt Connor is a shooter. Young Mr. Frankamp was slated by the HC at KU (his dream school) to get significant PT this season. After meeting with the Coach the kid quits his team-at his dream school? What happens here if he doesn't like how our coaching staff uses him?

How in the hell can you possibly know what Self told him?

If the coaches want Connor, I want Connor.

Self was quoted in several KC news articles...if you like, read them.
Yes, Frankamp "carried" an inept KU in the dance. 2 games...
The new member is real, not an alias.

If we get him fine...we'll see if he is a system guy, or a "head case".

I have yet to see any article that documents the entire conversation between the two. Anything short of that is just spin.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:58 pm

Pope AA- you want Coach Self's confession? Tweet him. If u don't believe quotes in the Press and u don't believe KU boards, then I suppose you're just one of those who refuses to believe (anything). A pity.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:52 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Pope AA- you want Coach Self's confession? Tweet him. If u don't believe quotes in the Press and u don't believe KU boards, then I suppose you're just one of those who refuses to believe (anything). A pity.

C'mon Gtmo, even you have to admit 90% of the rumors posted on message boards are bs, maybe even more.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Their boards okay. But the KC newspapers and their online sites too?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... 93896.html

Let's hope we land Connor, everyone will be happy.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting