Fedor Zugic (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Fedor Zugic

Postby T-bone » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:18 am

Classes started today.
T-bone

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:46 am

It would seem logical that the NCAA should rule before the first day of classes.

However, it seems like the NCAA is frequently not logical.

I am guessing that he can’t participate in any school organized basketball activities until he is cleared.

Please amplify if anyone knows more.
SeattleJay

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:04 pm

so freshman seminar was basically Sunday and Monday? Or just Monday? That's it?

when did that change? I think we had a whole week but i honestly can't remember.

I guess I should have asked my nephew - just assumed it was same.

apologies
cujaysfan

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:20 pm

cujaysfan wrote:I assume that there is red tape from NCAA to deal with a pro athlete and eligibility.

There should be NIL reasons to hold players out because they have been paid to play basketball. The irony of that regulation is astounding.
TrueBlueJay

Postby T-bone » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:27 pm

cujaysfan wrote:so freshman seminar was basically Sunday and Monday? Or just Monday? That's it?

when did that change? I think we had a whole week but i honestly can't remember.

apologies

I don't know of there ever being a week of FRS or what they call RSP now that has gone a full week but I could have missed a year or two. They have some events Sat-Mon I think but classes used to start on Wednesdays for decades. They started yanking the calendar around a few years ago and classes started on Tuesday this year, started on Monday in the last couple of years. Finals weeks have gone back and forth from traditional M-Fridays to a W-Tuesday format the last couple of years. It is M-F this semester.
T-bone

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:57 pm

There’s random first week stuff for the rest of the week but the bulk of it was through Monday. Classes did start this morning.
HandDownManDown

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:19 pm

T-bone wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:so freshman seminar was basically Sunday and Monday? Or just Monday? That's it?

apologies

I don't know of there ever being a week of FRS or what they call RSP now that has gone a full week but I could have missed a year or two. They have some events Sat-Mon I think but classes used to start on Wednesdays for decades. They started yanking the calendar around a few years ago and classes started on Tuesday this year, started on Monday in the last couple of years. Finals weeks have gone back and forth from traditional M-Fridays to a W-Tuesday format the last couple of years. It is M-F this semester.

I'm late 80s vintage as far as frosh seminar. Maybe it was Sunday - Wed?
cujaysfan

Postby BellevueJay » Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:15 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:I assume that there is red tape from NCAA to deal with a pro athlete and eligibility.

There should be NIL reasons to hold players out because they have been paid to play basketball. The irony of that regulation is astounding.

He, technically, is not allowed NLI money due to his student Visa. There are some work arounds, for instance if he signed a contract while he was out of country, that would work. But he cannot be part of the NLI that the rest of the team (minus Fred) have.
BellevueJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:15 am

BellevueJay wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:

He, technically, is not allowed NLI money due to his student Visa. There are some work arounds, for instance if he signed a contract while he was out of country, that would work. But he cannot be part of the NLI that the rest of the team (minus Fred) have.

Most likely he will have the contract and money for "work" out of the country, but there are ways to participate in NIL if he got the right Visa that would allow it. The typical student F-1 Visa wouldn't allow it in the US, but some are getting a P-1 or O-1 visa
Chicagojayfan

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:02 am

Officially official.

WBR Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting