2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby westojay » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

All I want for Christmas is Tugs Bowen to become a Jay!
westojay

Postby RVB » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:28 am

Decision coming soon for 2017 wing Brian Bowen

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/rec ... 4316c.html
RVB

Postby cu8493 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am

Stud for the other team (STUD) went for 40 while being guarded by Tugs for much of the game.

Took Langford 38 shots to score 40, however - plus however many free throws he shot (quite a few I think, but can't find a box score). Honestly, I know these guys get a lot of exposure playing for these national high school teams. But, I can't imagine it is much fun to play with a lot of those guys. Watched parts of both games and it is almost unwatchable. 4 guys stand around while one guy goes one on one. If he gest stopped, he might pass out to one of the guys standing around, or he might just chuck up a shot anyway. And Oak Hill was probably the worst in that regard.

Bowen would be right up there on the all-hair squad.
cu8493

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:58 am

The LaLumiere team has some top flight hair game.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Alphawalt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:00 pm

I am now convinced Tugs is picking Creighton. Our style of play fits his outstanding skills perfectly. In my reading/interpretation of comments, twitter accounts, etc. it seems we will be the pick. His mom in particular seems to be sending strong signals we will see Tugs in Omaha next year. I am so excited by the possibilities with him on our team, he is a bonafide can't miss future NBA player.
Alphawalt

Postby Bluejays4ever » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:29 pm

After watching part of the ESPN game the other night, I can only imagine how much better Tugs will get with teammates that share the rock.
Bluejays4ever

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Honestly can't think of a more perfect storm of a period for Tugs to be making his decision. We're going up against Texas (mired in a 5-5 non-con vs before the season hot top 25 team with stud young coach) MSU (just lost to Northeastern and also owns a 7-5 record) and Arizona (10-2 record but in a down PAC 12 which is 6th in Conf RPI facing injuries and far away from home).

Honestly going up against blue chip programs like this we'll always be at a disadvantage (my gut is thinking he goes Zona) but the support we've shown him and our current undefeated top10 ranking definitely can't hurt along with our fun to watch offense. Going to those other programs it's all been done before but with CU he honestly has a chance to be part of something special -taking us to our first FF or BE championship. Cmon Tugs make the right choice!
Eye of the Jay

Postby LynchMob » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Honestly going up against blue chip programs like this we'll always be at a disadvantage

Until we are one ;)
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby JayPharmAlum » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:17 am

LynchMob wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Honestly going up against blue chip programs like this we'll always be at a disadvantage

Until we are one ;)

Why not, right? To your point, here is an interesting post that I pulled from a knowledgeable HLOH mod:
comparing CU to Syracuse.
On Syracuse... important to understand that in 1979 they were ranked and had a great team, made a recent Final Four... so they were well known, but they actually weren't a national name. The coach that took them to the Final Four in 1975 moved on the next year to Tulane.

As JPSchmack has mentioned, Syracuse and St Bonaventure were in the same general orbit, though Syracuse was better.

Also, they and Pitt were the only 2 Big East schools off the I-95 Northeast Corridor, so they were relatively isolated compared to the other BE schools.

Two keys to building up their status were moving from Manley Fieldhouse to the Carrier Dome which allowed amazing crowds, and the success and exposure they got in the Big East.

What's my point? I'm not sure. Kind of thinking out loud, which is dangerous. Except I guess I'm thinking, there are parallels between Syracuse 1979 and Creighton 2016... huge crowds, no major league teams, a relative geographical outlier. The Creighton program could really turn into a juggernaut if things continue to move correctly.

http://www.holylandofhoops.com/forum/vi ... 6&start=10
JayPharmAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:26 am

to stretch that a little further - the coach that built the program - did it on a system - the boeheim 2-3 zone

and mac is doing it on the other side of the court - with #LetItFly

while 'Cuse still has access to NYC talent - it's an interesting parallel that I never had considered
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting