Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer, Wichita State Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer, Wichita State Commit)

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Tugboat wrote:Get the picture?

Academics at the Municipal U. of Wichita
Be
Cheap
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:

Be
Cheap

Who knows but I doubt that was a factor. Plus, he's gonna choose a Wichita State degree cause he can save half a semester vs. a Creighton degree??? Surely, you jest...
Jet915

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Jet915 wrote:
McKinney's Neighbor wrote:I've seen people referencing Conner's desire to play in his home town. Did Conner say this somewhere? In the Wichita Eagle article, Conner's only quote references Greggggg's ability to coach guys up.

Maybe Wichita just did a better job selling than we did?

Alot of teams seem to do this better than us......The good news is we have a damn good starting 5 next year in Watson, Zierden, Huff, Hegner and Hanson. Hopefully we can get Thomas or a nice transfer in the spring.

Not to much to say about 2015 recruiting that hasn't been said, but we're still 0 for whatever in beating out high majors (and now top level mid majors) during this recruiting cycle.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Bluejay Bilas wrote:

Be
Cheap

Who knows but I doubt that was a factor. Plus, he's gonna choose a Wichita State degree cause he can save half a semester vs. a Creighton degree??? Surely, you jest...

Yeah, I really don't think that was the deciding factor. He's from Wichita, there will be some major shoes to fill when Baker and Van Vleet move on, and Gregg's got the better program at this moment in time.

Tugboat's a clown, though.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby R Jay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
McKinney's Neighbor wrote:I've seen people referencing Conner's desire to play in his home town. Did Conner say this somewhere? In the Wichita Eagle article, Conner's only quote references Greggggg's ability to coach guys up.

Maybe Wichita just did a better job selling than we did?

Alot of teams seem to do this better than us......The good news is we have a damn good starting 5 next year in Watson, Zierden, Huff, Hegner and Hanson. Hopefully we can get Thomas or a nice transfer in the spring.

Not to much to say about 2015 recruiting that hasn't been said, but we're still 0 for whatever in beating out high majors (and now top level mid majors) during this recruiting cycle.

And?
If the recruits we do end up bringing are successful will it really matter who we beat out to get them or how many stars they are?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:57 pm

R Jay wrote:If the recruits we do end up bringing are successful will it really matter who we beat out to get them or how many stars they are?

Not in the least.

This is a message board, not North Korea. Discussing the coaches' recruiting losses seems like pretty fair game, and I think it's possible to discuss it without slamming the coaches or suggesting that the program's in trouble. This board would be real ostrich-like if we simply ignored the disappointments and only focused on best case scenarios.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby R Jay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
R Jay wrote:If the recruits we do end up bringing are successful will it really matter who we beat out to get them or how many stars they are?

Not in the least.

This is a message board, not North Korea. Discussing the coaches' recruiting losses seems like pretty fair game, and I think it's possible to discuss it without slamming the coaches or suggesting that the program's in trouble. This board would be real ostrich-like if we simply ignored the disappointments and only focused on best case scenarios.

You're right, it is fair game. All I'm saying is that the jury should be out until we see the players we have landed on the court in meaningful minutes.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:12 pm

After knowing parents of athletes and all that they sacrifice for their kids to play college sports, I find no fault in someone choosing to play in their hometown.

I agree that the recruiting wins and losses are fair game for this board but suggesting we are 0 for anything vs. power conferences (or whatever the specific comment) seems a little dramatic and overly negative.

Creighton has never had the roster of talent on campus or committed that we have right now. Many of those players, surely, would be wanted by other, big, "power" schools if they were available. So, in reality, we are not really getting shut out, are we?
Savannah Jay

Postby section202jay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:18 pm

I think the bigger question here is why isn't Tre'Shawn Thurman a Bluejay? That guy is a true freshman and is UNO's best interior player. He seems really polished and he's putting up good numbers against solid competition. Steal for the Mavs.

In all seriousness tough, I am not worried we didn't get Frankamp. Is it kind of a bummer? Yeah. But maybe not having more of the same is a good thing.
section202jay

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Savannah Jay wrote: but suggesting we are 0 for anything vs. power conferences (or whatever the specific comment) seems a little dramatic and overly negative.

That's not suggesting anything. It's an actual fact in regards the 2015 class. Not a single 2015 commit had a confirmed offer from a "power conference" school.

Now, obviously, Patton likely would have had big time offers had he not committed early; but I agree with the others, it's fair game to point the recruiting misses out. I think this staff is fantastic in a lot of aspects of coaching, but I do find it little concerning that they have missed on four straight priority targets who had other major schools interested (G. Watson, McQuaid, Clarke, and Frankamp).

With that said, we still have three very solid commits coming in next year, and also gain Huff and Watson as well. We are in good shape, all things considered.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting