Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Hunter Sallis offered

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am

jaysfan3 wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Announcing his top 8 today.

Top 8?! Come on. Is he really still considering 8 schools? Ugh.

My thought as well, I feel like it's probably down to 4 or 5 in reality.
bluejayfan00

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 am

Let the kid enjoy the process and do it however he wants. He doesn't owe you or me or any coach, program or university anything. If it was 5 instead of 8, how does that impact your life? If it was 3 instead of 8, same question? If Hunter truly believes 8 programs are still in the running, knowing that a lot can happen between now and a decision, why wouldn't he name 8?

I'll never understand fan criticism of recruits. You have no idea what's important to him. Or his parents. Or his family. You have no idea the factors that go into his decision - whether it's academics, fast-track to the pros, history sending kids to NBA, relationship with coaches, ties to other players on the team, fit, style of play, roster make-up of competing programs, location, etc. Likely, some combination of all or most of these factors.

Watching Illini fans' reaction to TyTy online was pretty sickening. The Creighton response (from some) toward Kerwin Walton back when he did his thing wasn't good. Maybe scale back on the criticisms of teenagers making arguably the most important decision of their lives.
vivid_dude

Postby jaysfan3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Let the kid enjoy the process and do it however he wants. He doesn't owe you or me or any coach, program or university anything. If it was 5 instead of 8, how does that impact your life? If it was 3 instead of 8, same question? If Hunter truly believes 8 programs are still in the running, knowing that a lot can happen between now and a decision, why wouldn't he name 8?

I'll never understand fan criticism of recruits. You have no idea what's important to him. Or his parents. Or his family. You have no idea the factors that go into his decision - whether it's academics, fast-track to the pros, history sending kids to NBA, relationship with coaches, ties to other players on the team, fit, style of play, roster make-up of competing programs, location, etc. Likely, some combination of all or most of these factors.

Watching Illini fans' reaction to TyTy online was pretty sickening. The Creighton response (from some) toward Kerwin Walton back when he did his thing wasn't good. Maybe scale back on the criticisms of teenagers making arguably the most important decision of their lives.

I’m really not upset. This is also a message board. I would never tweet negatively at Hunter, or any recruit.
jaysfan3

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:21 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:
I’m really not upset. This is also a message board. I would never tweet negatively at Hunter, or any recruit.

If I overreacted, I apologize. My response was also shaped by some of what I saw from Illini fans toward TyTy. If Hunter wants to list a Top 90, I love it!
vivid_dude

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:24 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Let the kid enjoy the process and do it however he wants. He doesn't owe you or me or any coach, program or university anything. If it was 5 instead of 8, how does that impact your life? If it was 3 instead of 8, same question? If Hunter truly believes 8 programs are still in the running, knowing that a lot can happen between now and a decision, why wouldn't he name 8?

Can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone was criticizing Hunter. And, I don't think our fan base at large does anything similar to what Illinois fans were doing to TyTy, or what Husker fans did to Hunter when he didn't include them in their top 12. I think it's ok to make an observation that it's interesting that he's cutting his list from 12 to 8, and like you said, he's clearly enjoying the process and there's nothing wrong with that.
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Final 8:

Creighton, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Oregon, UCLA, Iowa State, Gonzaga.
bluejayfan00

Postby TXJaysFan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
jaysfan3 wrote:

If I overreacted, I apologize. My response was also shaped by some of what I saw from Illini fans toward TyTy. If Hunter wants to list a Top 90, I love it!

The real question - would Nebraska make his Top 90?
TXJaysFan

Postby whtblu » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:40 pm

TXJaysFan wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:
jaysfan3 wrote:

The real question - would Nebraska make his Top 90?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whtblu

Postby CURx » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm

I was kind of hoping that Nebraska-Omaha was in the top 8 just to complete the jab. Oh well.
CURx

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 pm

For those of you who like to look into social media, which I am guilty of myself; Hunter commented on TyTy's commitment post with the eyeball emoji this morning before releasing his own top 8. I think we're in this.
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting