Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Hunter Sallis offered

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:20 am

Jaysker12 wrote:Idk anything about these teams' rosters next season, but on its face, the Gonzaga choice makes sense in that it might be easier for him to get the minutes he needs to secure the early first round selection. Compared to a Duke or Kentucky. You could make the argument that if he is truly deserving of a lottery pick he should be able to prove that anywhere. Gonzaga is still a great program, but that prediction is definitely out of left field.

It's not really out of left field at all. It's one of the few schools he's actually visited (and the hope of taking official visits before he commits are all but off the table now) and Gonzaga currently appears to be running away from the rest of the pack this season (with the possible exception of Butler; too bad we didn't get to see that game). Gonzaga is one of the best programs in the country in terms of development and now with Suggs, Mark Few is proving that he can showcase a one-and-done talent as well. Suggs' success could help Gonzaga secure his high school teammate Chet Holmgren's commitment, and that could in turn help them with Sallis.

I've thought Gonzaga made the most sense for him for a while now as far as offering the best combination of development for the next level and winning in college. But we don't know how much he factors in things like location and relationships with the coaches.
JacobPadilla

Postby Oldfan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:09 am

Gonzaga is essentially Creighton, but with a history of post season success. If he doesn’t want the atmosphere of a big state school, Gonzaga makes a ton of sense for him.
Oldfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:12 pm

shadow wrote:We may want to not be so obsessed at getting this guy other than to put our collective foot up stinking Lincoln’s freeking face!,,

This troll was more selective in posting in the past, but is showing up more frequently these days, probably due to COVID. His schtick is to appear like a rabid, over-the-top Jays fan. My guess is he's a Husker fan, because I can't think of anyone else who would be that desperate. Maybe he's also more active these days because UNL has lost 19 straight conference games.

Please don't quote him, a lot of us have him blocked.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby chuck1991 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:09 am

JacobPadilla wrote:(with the possible exception of Butler; too bad we didn't get to see that game)

I assume this was Baylor
chuck1991

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:53 pm

chuck1991 wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:(with the possible exception of Butler; too bad we didn't get to see that game)

I assume this was Baylor

Whoops. Indeed. Jared Butler on my mind I guess.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Commitment date is 3/26.
Jet915

Postby Oldfan » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:57 am

Nice of him to give everyone 2 months notice - wtf?
Oldfan

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:36 am

i take that as he’s committing when NE high school basketball is over. that’s right after when the championship would be.
ZMagic30

Postby LJay » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:52 am

Oldfan wrote:Nice of him to give everyone 2 months notice - wtf?

His birthday.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Bluejoe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Nicely done. And while it seems like its a while away, it is probably nice for him to get the date out there so that he stops getting asked about it every single day.
Bluejoe

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting