Hunter Sallis offered (Gonzaga Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Hunter Sallis offered

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:16 am

Free article today on the rivals site puts us at 4th in the Hunter Sallis sweepstakes.

4. Creighton
An Omaha native, Sallis is familiar with the Bluejays’ program, the school’s campus and the head coach Doug McDermott. The pandemic gives Creighton a small chance here, as the allure of home has never been stronger. That said, saying it’ll be an uphill climb is understating the point.

The fact that the writer uses Doug instead of Greg is comical and shows both the lack of respect we get nationally and that he lacks real knowledge of the College basketball scene. Probably some of both.

It's hard to argue that the three teams he lists above us are either the blues brothers (Kentucky and UNC) or the Gonzaga monster that Few has built.

Would love to shock the world to keep Hunter home and add him to what would likely be the #1 class in the country if you add him into it. It's already a fantastic array of skilled shooters and wing players to add to Kalkbrenner and Bishop with the Jacob insurance policy.

Can you give me some hope here Jacob?

Go Jays
Ethanfor3

Postby Brendan259 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:35 am

Ethanfor3 wrote:Free article today on the rivals site puts us at 4th in the Hunter Sallis sweepstakes.

4. Creighton
An Omaha native, Sallis is familiar with the Bluejays’ program, the school’s campus and the head coach Doug McDermott. The pandemic gives Creighton a small chance here, as the allure of home has never been stronger. That said, saying it’ll be an uphill climb is understating the point.

The fact that the writer uses Doug instead of Greg is comical and shows both the lack of respect we get nationally and that he lacks real knowledge of the College basketball scene. Probably some of both.

It's hard to argue that the three teams he lists above us are either the blues brothers (Kentucky and UNC) or the Gonzaga monster that Few has built.

Would love to shock the world to keep Hunter home and add him to what would likely be the #1 class in the country if you add him into it. It's already a fantastic array of skilled shooters and wing players to add to Kalkbrenner and Bishop with the Jacob insurance policy.

Can you give me some hope here Jacob?

Go Jays

He's going to Gonzaga and we have no chance. Time to move on from this thread.
Brendan259

Postby shadow » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:40 am

Who died and made you the Great Oracle? None of you clowns on this board know Anything for sure since he doesn’t himself!
shadow

Postby Brendan259 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:53 am

shadow wrote:Who died and made you the Great Oracle? None of you clowns on this board know Anything for sure since he doesn’t himself!

The groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, shadow appeared and told me he isn't going to Creighton.
Brendan259

Postby shadow » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:23 pm

And that’s likely as reliable as that Philadelphia cereremonial crap with the lovable chuck amounts to!
shadow

Postby Brendan259 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:36 pm

shadow wrote:And that’s likely as reliable as that Philadelphia cereremonial crap with the lovable chuck amounts to!

Can somebody translate for me?
Brendan259

Postby NUgradCUfan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:52 pm

I've gathered that Sallis wants to go to a championship contender right away, as he won't be there for more than a year presumably. He doesn't want to be part of a project/rebuild. Furthermore, Few has turned Jalen Suggs into a lottery pick after one year. It seems like it's all Gonzaga at this point.
NUgradCUfan

Postby LJay » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 pm

I get that Gonzaga is soup de jour and has been for some time but you play six or so big OOO games and then the NCAA tourney. The rest of the year is playing in high school gyms against crap competition at midnight Eastern time.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense and in the end they have one Final 4 to show for it. I have little doubt that playing cannon fodder most of the year doesn’t help prepare to go deep even with top flight talent.

Somehow it appeals to kids though.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby NateFunkyTown » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:38 pm

NUgradCUfan wrote:I've gathered that Sallis wants to go to a championship contender right away, as he won't be there for more than a year presumably. He doesn't want to be part of a project/rebuild. Furthermore, Few has turned Jalen Suggs into a lottery pick after one year. It seems like it's all Gonzaga at this point.

At the risk of coming off as a huge homer, are we sure Gonzaga will be better than Creighton next season? Their 3 best players, at least, are going to the draft and I’m not so sure Z is the lock to go the draft we thought he was. If Z stays Creighton will be a lock top 10 team preseason with or without Hunter IMO.
NateFunkyTown

Postby Jays26 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:47 pm

NateFunkyTown wrote:
NUgradCUfan wrote:I've gathered that Sallis wants to go to a championship contender right away, as he won't be there for more than a year presumably. He doesn't want to be part of a project/rebuild. Furthermore, Few has turned Jalen Suggs into a lottery pick after one year. It seems like it's all Gonzaga at this point.

At the risk of coming off as a huge homer, are we sure Gonzaga will be better than Creighton next season? Their 3 best players, at least, are going to the draft and I’m not so sure Z is the lock to go the draft we thought he was. If Z stays Creighton will be a lock top 10 team preseason with or without Hunter IMO.

Very true. And what if a Sr comes back and plays another year. 8-)
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting