Deverell Biggs

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Deverell Biggs

Postby PorkTornado » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

I find it odd that someone, who only has two years to play, would go play at a place where he would absolutely get crushed night in and night out. I could see a four year guy doing it because there is a chance for a turnaround after a few years.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

PorkTornado wrote:I find it odd that someone, who only has two years to play, would go play at a place where he would absolutely get crushed night in and night out. I could see a four year guy doing it because there is a chance for a turnaround after a few years.

I sort of agree, but unless he has better offers than Oklahoma State, UNL isn't a bad option for him. Sure, the Huskers will almost certainly be really bad next year, and likely not be that improved the following year. Honestly, barring some major recruiting improvement from guys who have never coached at that level, it is hard to see how they'll escape the bottom 3 of the B1G in the near future. However, if he wants nearly guaranteed playing time, the Huskers are about as good as it gets among power six schools.

Somewhat new news:
http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/m ... 2e2f1.html
Bluejay Bilas

Postby section221jay » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Committed to NU this weekend. Seemingly puts NU in serious contention for Agau.
section221jay

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Here's the deal - Biggs hasn't even qualified yet. He may not even do so or, if he does, it won't be until AFTER we are having our players return for summer workouts (NCAA rule change allows coaches to work with kids during the summer for the first time this year). My guess is that the Huskers are the only school will to give him a scholarship right now when eligibility is still in question.

On top of that, we don't have any scholarships.

With any luck, the Dougie scholarship gets used on Uthoff.

This signing doesn't bother me one bit. It shouldn't bother any other Creighton fans either.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Previous

Return to Recruiting