2012 G Jalen Bradley (UNO COMMIT)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2012 G Jalen Bradley (UNO COMMIT)

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I see it more along the lines of Georgetown being excited about having Howard University play in the same city.
TrueBlueJay

Postby LJay » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm

section202jay wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:
section202jay wrote: Going to be cool having two D1 basketball programs in Omaha.

Why?

Why wouldn't it be? I know it won't be the level that Cincinnati and Xavier are at but one day it could turn into something and really help basketball in Omaha.

They are a whoring, cannon fodder program in a whoring, cannon fodder conference. When the Summit League stops doing one and done's we can start talking about something more. There are about 150 programs or so that have no chance of making the NCAA's without their auto bid. They don't belong in D1.

344 D1 teams is ridiculous with entire conference's having the business model of whoring yourself out for two months in November and December to make the athletic budget for the entire year for the entire athletic department. Ridiculous. This helps lead to us getting an 8 seed in one of our best seasons in history because they penalized us for our mediocre non-con schedule and it's mediocre due to the BcS programs not needing to play the likes of us since the can get all the cannon fodder whores to give them all those home games.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby LynchMob » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am

What is your complex with UNO? They fail you out or something? They are just starting in D1 of course they are a shitty team in a shitty conference. Won't be that way long, they have the right attitude and a decent coach.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby LJay » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Read my post again because you missed it. It is the low D1"business model" that is the problem. UNO is just the latest of 100's of whores. Holy cripes, they dropped successful football and wrestling and whatever else UNL wanted to take up this crappy model. If you are a UNO fan you should be livid about this!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby section202jay » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:I see it more along the lines of Georgetown being excited about having Howard University play in the same city.

This is Omaha, not Washington, D.C. Besides, Georgetown hoops is on a slightly higher level than Creighton.

I always hope for the best in this city and I think having two D1 basketball teams will be a good thing.

The argument that UNO shouldn't have abandoned football and wrestling is an entirely different argument. I was as close as anybody to both of those programs and I can tell you that little attention was paid to it, but once they abandoned it, suddenly everybody cared...
section202jay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:02 pm

section202jay wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:I see it more along the lines of Georgetown being excited about having Howard University play in the same city.

This is Omaha, not Washington, D.C. Besides, Georgetown hoops is on a slightly higher level than Creighton.

I always hope for the best in this city and I think having two D1 basketball teams will be a good thing.

The argument that UNO shouldn't have abandoned football and wrestling is an entirely different argument. I was as close as anybody to both of those programs and I can tell you that little attention was paid to it, but once they abandoned it, suddenly everybody cared...

Look, you love UNO, I get that. But they are as inconsequential to Creighton hoops as Howard is to GU. I think 95% of the CU fans would agree. I cannot care less about UNO having success in hoops - wait, check that....UNL hoops comes in just slightly below UNO.
TrueBlueJay

Previous

Return to Recruiting