Wes Washpun (transfer from Tenn to UNI)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Wes Washpun (transfer from Tenn to UNI)

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Interesting situation on this one.

Wes is from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We recruited this kid out of HS a bit, but it doesn't appear we ever offered. Cuonzo Martin recruited him while at MSU and even brought him to Tenn. Now, however, it sounds like Washpun is looking to transfer. He was class of 2011, so he'd have 3 years of eligibility after sitting out the mandatory year. He's a slasher which is something we were lacking on this year's team. No inside info on this ne, but just found the entire situation to be interesting....
Last edited by AttyAlum on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Re: Wes Washpun (Tennessee transfer)

Postby D Jay Fan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Marion Iowa is a suburb of Cedar Rapids. It has certainly worked for Gibbs so far. I would think Wes would be aware of Gibbs since he is 3 years older in the same town and Gibbs went on to Gonzaga out of HS. We have plenty of Iowa contacts, maybe they can all work together on Wes if the coaches want him.
D Jay Fan

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 pm

There is no way we go after him. He was a major reach for Tenn. Just not enough game for what we need. Go Jays!!!
fritzpointer

Postby iajayfan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 am

Sounds like Wes may be headed to UNI. Am sure they were in on him out of high school.
iajayfan

Postby RVB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Wes Washpun transferring to Northern Iowa

http://thegazette.com/2012/04/10/wes-wa ... -at-guard/
RVB

Return to Recruiting