2013 F Zach Hanson

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 F Zach Hanson (Verbal Commit)

Postby Trifecta » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 pm

blueblood wrote:Husker Hoops board wanted him bad and had an entire thread dedicated to him singing their praises.

Quotes like;

he's very high on Nebraska. His mother actually knows Coach Miles

This is another one of those "underrated, sleeper" prospects.

was also named the Gatorade South Dakota Player of the Year and is also a very good student as well

This is a guy Miles needs to get.

BUT then things changed this afternoon;

Must have wanted to play mid-major

sometimes smaller area players want to stay in a small environment. Creighton, though a good D1 program, is a very much like a high school feel when it comes to the school setting.

Wonder how badly Miles wanted him, if badly at all. Pretty nice get for a mediocre conference team in any case.

Ahhhh Good times.

I read all that earlier today. It made me chuckle. It's amazing how every target Nebraska fans see is either someone they have no shot of getting but think they can land (Jabari Parker, Agau, etc) or someone who "wasn't that great to begin with" as soon as they commit anywhere else...especially if they commit to Creighton. Expect to see a lot more of this since Miles is going after the same guys as Coach Mac (Hanson, Hegner, Harris, Fullter, etc). Every time we beat them out for a recruit we will have to hear how the kid wasn't a high major talent, they weren't seriously interested in him, how the kid "wants to be a big fish in a small pond" blah blah blah

How many times can Husker fans harp on the MVC's "inferior competition"? Yes, we all know it isn't as good as the Big 10. But its an asinine argument because if CU was in the Big 10, we'd have a Big 10 budget, go after Big 10-caliber athletes, and be more heavily recruiting Big 10 areas. And vice versa for UNL in the MVC. Plus the fact that Nebraska would've been lucky to finish in the top 4 in the MVC last year with all their high-major talent :roll:
Trifecta

Postby section202jay » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:59 am

Sounds like a great recruit. Welcome to Creighton and Omaha, Zach. Hope to see you at a game or two this upcoming season.
section202jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Great recruit. Welcome home to Creighton, Zach.

That elite camp Coach had was a Killer...Let's do it annually please.

A very good class for 2013 with one more to go. ;)

PS: We keep hearing the same refrain this recruiting season: "I didn't want to wait and possibly
MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!" Zach's Dad, Loren, said: "But when you find the school that has everything
you are looking for in a college, we didn't want to wait and miss the opportunity."

Regardless of (my, your, our) individual opinions and desires, this group of 2013 & 2014 recruits
are all very smart kids, above average to very good hoopsters (with good upside), and were savvy
enough to jump on the Creighton Opportunity. I, for one, am a happy (Jays) camper. Perhaps we will use
the "Dad" this recruiting season for an "athlete" that many are longing for?
We still have JJ, Nevin, and Andre who fit that category.

But whatever transpires from this point on is gravy. gtmo
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm hearing Zach will visit CU the weekend of Aug. 4. I hope that means we have an official lined up for smeone else high on our list.
fritzpointer

Postby PorkTornado » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Duplicated from the main board, but Hanson will be on 1620 today at 3:45.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby DEK » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I believe Zach is visiting this weekend with Darian.
DEK

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Hope Darian and Zach have great visits. Gives the Staff a shot at a trial run to have everything just right for next week. Go Jays!!!
fritzpointer

Postby DEK » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Anyone seen a video on this kid yet?
DEK

Postby hilltopalum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I have: 1. great hands 2. loves to bang 3. good under rim 4. strong!
hilltopalum

Postby D Jay Fan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Are any of our verbals signing next Wednesday? I heard Akoy is signing with Louisville at 10.
D Jay Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting