2013 PG John Dawson (Marquette Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 PG John Dawson (Offered)

Postby taa71458 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

Story out of Milwaukee on the commit to MU

Link
taa71458

Postby RxJay » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:36 am

Dad seemed to have controlled this whole decision. He could have been a very difficult person to deal with for four years. John seem like a good kid but dad????
RxJay

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 am

baffling

i'm sure the son of a pastor will fit in perfectly with the criminals at marquette
cujaysfan

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 am

RxJay wrote:Dad seemed to have controlled this whole decision. He could have been a very difficult person to deal with for four years. John seem like a good kid but dad????

Scroll down to #14, 19 and 20:

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36670
Bluejay Bilas

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
RxJay wrote:Dad seemed to have controlled this whole decision. He could have been a very difficult person to deal with for four years. John seem like a good kid but dad????

Scroll down to #14, 19 and 20:

http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36670

He did have the sense to stop posting once he was called out.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby FreddyMac » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am

I think we'll definitely miss having this kid's talent but I don't think we'll miss having his Dad around to tell him what to do, think, etc. This was an article about John Dawson's commitment without a single word from John, it was all his Dad's comments. One particularly odd one was the one about how he personally felt good, felt some relief, like the weight had been lifted off of their shoulders.

I also thought it was funny about how he talked about what straight-shooters the coaches were and that was a huge deciding factor:

"Brad Autry did a great job. He didn't pull any punches, he told me how it was......He said, 'Your son is exactly what Marquette's program needs.

Much like Brad, Buzz Williams didn't pull any punches......And when I asked the hard questions, he gave me straight answers. The good, the bad and the ugly. He told me the truth about everything. Both he and Brad Autry told me that they felt if John worked hard enough, he could make an immediate impact as a freshman.

WOW! Those coaches are straight shooters. Telling you that your son is exactly what the program needs and that he could make an immediate impact as a freshman MUST be a tough pill to swallow. Most coaches would dance around the issue and wouldn't come out and say your son is awesome but these straight shooters pretty much came out and said exactly what you were wanting to hear. Good for you Pastor. I hope you have a great time playing in the Big East. I mean I hope your son has a good time playing in the Big East.
FreddyMac

Postby DEK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:43 am

haha wow, I love how his dad calls himself out as a huge reason for John's success - just like you say pops, stay humble!

I certainly feel a lot better about not getting him...although his tape does look pretty $$$

Also, great comments Freddy, no wonder Buzz is such a great recruiter!
DEK

Re: 2013 PG John Dawson (Marquette Verbal Commit)

Postby BoarCommaThe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

John, along with Deonte Burton, is transferring from Marquette.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby bird_call » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Is he someone we would want? He couldn't get off the bench at a Marquette team lacking warm bodies.
bird_call

Postby R Jay » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm

bird_call wrote:Is he someone we would want? He couldn't get off the bench at a Marquette team lacking warm bodies.

I would say "no", but even if the answer was "yes", I would think that Marquette would exclude him (and most certainly Burton) from transferring to other Big East schools.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting