2013 G Desmond Lee (NC State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2013 G Desmond Lee (NC State Verbal Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Jays looking hard at 6'4'' JC guard from New Mexico.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=19952
Last edited by hilltopalum on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hilltopalum

Re: 2013 G Desmond Lee

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Just watched his videos and have two words to say: "yes, please."
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Has unlv offered Desmond?
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 am

If the 20 y/o Mr. Desmond Lee (Juco SG) is the best available SG at this time, then we should wait until Spring and see
how the recruiting landscape has shifted over the course of the season. We should be able to do better. He is sporting the
same game and stats he had in HS back in 2008-09. Has he improved and does his perimeter game build the Jays into a better
team in 2013? Doesn't appear to be the case. We have plenty of perimeter guys.

He is a good (average to above average) perimeter player according to his write ups and vids. No mention of his high level slashing game, midrange pull up shooting, nor his stalwart defensive prowess. He is not a high level, high caliber recruit - no Kendall Harris; definitely not one to use the "dad" scholie for. This is not a "swinging for the fences" recruit. He is a DA "late in
the process, fill a gap" recruit.

If we absolutely have to take another recruit... of the 2 currently on the table... take PG Jack Gibbs. He has much more upside
to his game.

If not mandatory then we should wait and select from the spring crop of recruits.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby jaysbanker » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am

fritzpointer wrote:Has unlv offered Desmond?

He is visiting there next weekend. Hopefully the staff can lock this kid up before he heads down there. It would be nice to be on the other side of that deal for a change.
jaysbanker

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 am

gtmoBlue wrote:If the 20 y/o Mr. Desmond Lee (Juco SG) is the best available SG at this time, then we should wait until Spring and see
how the recruiting landscape has shifted over the course of the season. We should be able to do better. He is sporting the
same game and stats he had in HS back in 2008-09. Has he improved and does his perimeter game build the Jays into a better
team in 2013? Doesn't appear to be the case. We have plenty of perimeter guys.

He is a good (average to above average) perimeter player according to his write ups and vids. No mention of his high level slashing game, midrange pull up shooting, nor his stalwart defensive prowess. He is not a high level, high caliber recruit - no Kendall Harris; definitely not one to use the "dad" scholie for. This is not a "swinging for the fences" recruit. He is a DA "late in
the process, fill a gap" recruit.

If we absolutely have to take another recruit... of the 2 currently on the table... take PG Jack Gibbs. He has much more upside
to his game.

If not mandatory then we should wait and select from the spring crop of recruits.

With all due respect, I trust the coaches judgement over yours. I'm sure they'd be real pleased to see you bashing a kid they obviously want. Especially when it comes to JUCOs, I think this staff has proven that they can evaluate talent. I don't know if you've noticed, but Pierre Jackson was named Big 12 preseason POY... (After seeing both of this season's true freshmen in both summer league and at Bluejay Madness, I think the staff has done a great job once again). I disagree that this is a DA hole filler situation as an argument could legitimately be made that we don't need to sign anyone else as there aren't really any discernible holes at any position on the floor. Instead, I think the staff sees a unique opportunity with this "Daddy scholarship" and is trying to assemble as much talent as they can.

On top of that, I think this kid does give us a lot of what we need - pure athleticism with decent height (and bulk). UNLV is not exactly a slouch either; their team both last year and this year screams athleticism.

Waiting until the spring is a crap shoot. Most of the most desirable players will have already committed somewhere, leaving only the kids that just blew up during their final HS/JUCO seasons or those with academic issues that may or may not even end up qualifying.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby ictjay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 am

Spot on AttyAlum! The staff can afford to take some flyers on some "better recruits" and Desmond Lee is that. Question, curious about Nevin. After reading about his athleticism, did he participate in the slam dunk? Numerous times last year I read where he was the "best" player on the court during practice. Thoughts?
ictjay

Postby LJay » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Gtmo posting at 1AM...my mama always said nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Drinking and driving......drinking and posting.......sounds similar.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 pm

When is Desmond going to get to Omaha ? Have a good visit Desmond.
fritzpointer

Postby FreddyMac » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 am

ictjay wrote:Spot on AttyAlum! The staff can afford to take some flyers on some "better recruits" and Desmond Lee is that. Question, curious about Nevin. After reading about his athleticism, did he participate in the slam dunk? Numerous times last year I read where he was the "best" player on the court during practice. Thoughts?

I thought we'd hear more about Nevin from the scrimmage as well. I heard those same comments last year from Piv and I think I also recall people commenting after last year's Madness that they were pleasantly surprised by Nevin. I suppose being a freshman it's not like he wasn't going to dominate or something so it's good at least that nobody commented that he looked lost and he appeared to just fit right in.
FreddyMac

Next

Return to Recruiting