2013 G Devin Brooks

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 G Devin Brooks (Verbal Commit)

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Ethan will probably play next season (5th Yr) as a grad student...different type funding and will free up a scholie.

You have made this up.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby FreddyMac » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:19 pm

section221jay wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Ethan should have enough credits to graduate this May. Ethan will probably play next season (5th Yr) as a grad student...different type funding and will free up a scholie.

Never heard of that kind of thing...

If there actually were this type of thing then you'd see teams like Kentucky would have about 10 "graduate" students on their roster every year.
FreddyMac

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

You are correct and I was mistaken. He can play as a grad student, but would continue to use is year-to-year scholie.
Unless the school denies scholarship renewal. Sorry for my mistaken notion about different funding stream. If denied the student would have to apply for financial aid, like any normal student. My mistake.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/pub ... +transfers

Can a graduate student still participate as an NCAA athlete?
Yes. A Division I student-athlete with remaining eligibility may continue participating in athletics while enrolled in graduate classes.
To compete while in graduate school, a student-athlete must be within five calendar years of his or her initial enrollment in college. Student-athletes who have exhausted their five-year window for competition, but who have lost more than one season of competition due to injury, can apply for a waiver to continue playing.

Q: Are there different rules for graduate students?

Student-athletes who have graduated are subject to the same release requirements as undergraduates and must have at least one year of eligibility remaining. To be eligible for the one-time transfer exception, football, basketball, baseball and men’s ice hockey student athletes must have been denied a scholarship renewal at their original school. If the student-athlete wishes to pursue a degree program not offered at the original institution, he or she is eligible for a waiver to compete immediately at the new school.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby PorkTornado » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 am

Devin will be on the 1620 morning show at 9:15. Someone else is going to need to listen and report back. I'm not that brave.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:48 am

I doubt the football player can butcher Devin's name but if anyone can it's the football player.

I wonder if he'll ask Devin whether he ever played football or if he watches football in the fall. SMH
89 - 60
LJay

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 am

LJay wrote:I doubt the football player can butcher Devin's name but if anyone can it's the football player.

I wonder if he'll ask Devin whether he ever played football or if he watches football in the fall. SMH

As bad as the football player-fired high school football coach is, the other guy may actually be worse.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby taa71458 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 am

No football questions...pretty quiet guy. Said he can score the ball and can play defense "when he wants to". Going to go back home this summer to work on his game. Highlight of the interview was his "GO JAYS" as he was hanging up.
taa71458

Postby Trifecta » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

taa71458 wrote:No football questions...pretty quiet guy. Said he can score the ball and can play defense "when he wants to". Going to go back home this summer to work on his game. Highlight of the interview was his "GO JAYS" as he was hanging up.

"Go Jays" wasn't Devin...they played a drop.
Trifecta

Postby taa71458 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 am

Trifecta wrote:
taa71458 wrote:No football questions...pretty quiet guy. Said he can score the ball and can play defense "when he wants to". Going to go back home this summer to work on his game. Highlight of the interview was his "GO JAYS" as he was hanging up.

"Go Jays" wasn't Devin...they played a drop.

Damn
taa71458

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting