Available roster spots

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Available roster spots

Postby PAJay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 am

Since I posted names I have to say I agree and disagree. As a parent of one college kid and one to be college kid in the fall I really feel for how difficult these choices can be -- both where to go to school and when/if to transfer. Sports aside I saw that about 1/3 of all students transfer colleges at least once. I am sure for a whole variety of reasons. So, yes all the current players are Jays (and I really feel a connection to all of them, and hope they all stay and reach their potential) but I am surmising that some kids (including, of course, Doug McDermott) are really looking at themselves and their situation to figure out what they want to do next school year and what is best for them And yes, they are still "kids" so that makes the decision-making process that much more difficult and stressful.
PAJay

Postby section221jay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't see any way Dingman leaves.
section221jay

Postby Bluejoe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm

To throw names out before it becomes official on a public board is disrespectful in my eyes. You should keep comments like that to somewhere that no one will see them-like the rivals site.
Bluejoe

Postby KenoshaJay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:Maybe I'm just an old school kind of guy, but I don't see any value in speculating about individual players.

No need to make anyone feel unwelcome, unwanted or unappreciated.

They are all Jays.

Let's be respectful.

+2

I said as much when this nonsense started. And feeling that way doesn't make you old school.

+3
KenoshaJay

Postby LynchMob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm

In a perfect world I get why people don't want to toss names, but names get tossed around all the time around major programs, which we are now.

If WBR wants to remain the premier site, stuff like that is going to happen. It can be a niche product if it holds all that stuff at arm's length, and there's nothing wrong with that, but a large group of people want to speculate, and there's nothing really wrong with that either.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby anotherjayfan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm

There are 2 different ways to approach this. One is saying that certain players no longer deserve to have a scholarship or aren't good enough for Creighton. The second is just speculating on who may not fit and may consider leaving (on their own or through discussion with the coaches). I see no problem with the second.
No one is being mean spirited and no one is questioning their character. We are here to discuss Creighton athletics programs and I think roster turnover should be free game.
anotherjayfan

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm

LynchMob wrote:In a perfect world I get why people don't want to toss names, but names get tossed around all the time around major programs, which we are now.

If WBR wants to remain the premier site, stuff like that is going to happen. It can be a niche product if it holds all that stuff at arm's length, and there's nothing wrong with that, but a large group of people want to speculate, and there's nothing really wrong with that either.

I don't really agree with any of this.

I don't think joining the Big East automatically makes you a major program (look at Depaul?) - nor do I think that joining the Big East gives CU message board posters cart blanche to post whatever they want. Not only is it disrespectful, but I don't see any benefit it provides to the program. And as far as negatives go, I can't imagine what recruits and their families think when people are posting that we should show certain players the door because we want newer and better.

I think WBR will remain as CU's premier site because of their great content, not because WBR allows people to say "Hey Player X is bad, boot his ass!" or whatever other garbage people post over here.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 pm

+1!
TBC Alum

Postby DeanthonyBowden » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm

I don't think he was saying that anyone wasn't good enough. I think he just was saying that there may be some transfers. I hope everyone is back, but certain guys might not be happy with where they are. These kids come out of high school and many are leaving their hometown's for the first time. Some may want to go back closer to home, others may not be happy with their playing time, some might just want a fresh start somewhere else.....there are 1000 reasons for why a 19 year old kid may want to transfer.
DeanthonyBowden

Postby mel ott » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:19 pm

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:
LynchMob wrote:In a perfect world I get why people don't want to toss names, but names get tossed around all the time around major programs, which we are now.

I don't really agree with any of this.

I don't think joining the Big East automatically makes you a major program (look at Depaul?) - nor do I think that joining the Big East gives CU message board posters cart blanche to post whatever they want. Not only is it disrespectful, but I don't see any benefit it provides to the program. And as far as negatives go, I can't imagine what recruits and their families think when people are posting that we should show certain players the door because we want newer and better.

I think WBR will remain as CU's premier site because of their great content, not because WBR allows people to say "Hey Player X is bad, boot his ass!" or whatever other garbage people post over here.

+1 There is no upside. Frankly, the only benefit is for someone to say I told you so if someone did leave. Frankly, none of us know each of these kids, how they practcie, their upside, or how they are adjusting to school. Let's leave that up to the coaches. We will find out soon enough. Again, a lot more downside to the kids and to the school to have that kind of negative conjecture thrown out on a public board.
mel ott

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting