2013 (?) Keion Alexander, CU commit(?)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2013 (?) Keion Alexander, CU commit(?)

Postby LJay » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Noodling around with Google searches about Creighton and recruit and commit (I think) and it turned up this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealKeionA1

Although it says "Brooklyn - Omaha, Nebraska", he seems to be in Georgia now at a prep school:

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/keion-alexander-pf-2013

Long and lean. Kind of hard to find much info on him. Some of his tweets are about Devin Brooks so likely some sort of connection.

Here's a Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u90wI56Q_FQ

Says here his team won a national championship and he was voted an all american. Not sure by what standard to judge these achievements:

http://kingdomprepga.blogspot.com/#
89 - 60
LJay

Re: 2013 (?) Keion Alexander, CU commit(?)

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I've been told grades are an issue and he will go juco. If true why wouldn't he go prep school?
fritzpointer

Postby westojay » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 pm

So if this is true, we are now 1 over limit and still looking at adding a wing. This would mean there might be a couple departures. Not sure about this guy, seems like might be a project.
westojay

Postby LJay » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 pm

If juco I wonder if he ends up at Iowa Western.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby jays911 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 pm

That gym in the youtube vid looks like St. Mary's.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 am

westojay wrote:So if this is true, we are now 1 over limit and still looking at adding a wing. This would mean there might be a couple departures. Not sure about this guy, seems like might be a project.

If he's going to JUCO, we would not be over.

EDIt - Just watched the video. He reminds me of WSU's Cleanthony Early. Long limbed, agile, and quick footed. Also resembles the body shape of a lot of the Syracuse guys I watched last night. Might need to add some weight and strength, but I like the potential.

If this guy is a commit, that would be the second native New Yorker we've signed since the Big East news came out. To those that suggested that the new conference wouldn't lead to an impact in recruiting, I think we've already seen an impact.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:46 am

AttyAlum wrote:
westojay wrote:So if this is true, we are now 1 over limit and still looking at adding a wing. This would mean there might be a couple departures. Not sure about this guy, seems like might be a project.

EDIt - Just watched the video. He reminds me of WSU's Cleanthony Early. Long limbed, agile, and quick footed. Also resembles the body shape of a lot of the Syracuse guys I watched last night. Might need to add some weight and strength, but I like the potential.

If this guy is a commit, that would be the second native New Yorker we've signed since the Big East news came out. To those that suggested that the new conference wouldn't lead to an impact in recruiting, I think we've already seen an impact.

This is really interesting. He's a long, lean kid who can run the floor, but who can also block shots in the post and alter the other team's offensive game play with his long arms and leaping ability.

I don't know how the scholarship situation works out as I think we still want another wing, but I would love to add this kid to the roster.

The JUCO/Prep School thing can get confusing sometimes too. Prep school may mean he doesn't go JUCO, but could anyway and IIRC he could go from being a '13 to a '14 if he stays another year at Prep either by doing a post graduate year or by reclassifying his graduation year (but correct me if I am wrong about that).

"One solution: White could reclassify his grade status and repeat his junior year. Unlike most prep schools in New England, the Miller School doesn’t offer a postgrad year. But some players do elect to reclassify and spend an extra year in high school. According to NCAA rules, players must still graduate from high school and pass their 16 core classes in eight semesters. But White could spend his fifth high school year improving his standardized test scores and putting on pounds in the weight room.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/08/232926 ... rylink=cpy"
Chicagojayfan

Postby mredle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

We already have a better version of this kid (taller, stronger, heavier, better handle and more experience), we call him Will Artino. And this staff has already been going after kids in the NE (we either didn't get them or liked someone else better). They had a map before we joined the BE.

This is really interesting. He's a long, lean kid who can run the floor, but who can also block shots in the post and alter the other team's offensive game play with his long arms and leaping ability.

I don't know how the scholarship situation works out as I think we still want another wing, but I would love to add this kid to the roster.

The JUCO/Prep School thing can get confusing sometimes too. Prep school may mean he doesn't go JUCO, but could anyway and IIRC he could go from being a '13 to a '14 if he stays another year at Prep either by doing a post graduate year or by reclassifying his graduation year (but correct me if I am wrong about that).

"One solution: White could reclassify his grade status and repeat his junior year. Unlike most prep schools in New England, the Miller School doesn’t offer a postgrad year. But some players do elect to reclassify and spend an extra year in high school. According to NCAA rules, players must still graduate from high school and pass their 16 core classes in eight semesters. But White could spend his fifth high school year improving his standardized test scores and putting on pounds in the weight room.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/08/232926 ... rylink=cpy"
mredle

Postby Jet915 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Not sure what videos everyone else is watching but he is tall and lean and could be good defensively but probably needs to add atleast 30 lbs or more. Offensively, he can shoot from like 5 feet in but didn't see much range at all. Kind of looks like a project and probably could use a redshirt. As for looking like Cleanthony Early, not sure I see that as well. Maybe more like Orupke but skinnier. As for scholies, I don't see any offers from anyone. He doesn't even have a rivals or a scout page. If this is for an actual scholie, I think it's a reach. If he's walking on, I'm all for it.
Jet915

Postby slaw » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Didn't hear anything about Keion Alexander from Joey Tempo. Is this another cart-before-the-horse type thing?
slaw

Next

Return to Recruiting