2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Offered)

Postby Ethanfor3 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 am

Outstanding!

Seemed odd that we were in on him, he was already in the area, but not visiting.

This is a great head to head match-up between NU and CU.

Go Blue
Ethanfor3

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

It comes down to, do you want to play for a winner or a loser?

leon Gilmore ‏@3__LeeLee 32m Had a great visit at Nebraska! Now it's time to see what Creighton is looking like

Well, apparently all 3 are visiting...

Garrett Tucker ‏@GTuckerF150 22m After visiting Nebraska, JoJo Anderson, Leon Gilmore & Hunter Janacek of Houston Hoops will visit Creighton today
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:42 am

Jaysker12 wrote:Lots of players have been and will be impressed by Nebraska's state of the art facilities. Let's hope we can leave a similar impression on Gilmore through more meaningful qualities

Players may have liked the facilities, but I have yet to see many commitments come out of those that have been impressed on their visits.

Remember that we have a brand new basketball practice facility under construction as well. Plus, we are also a much, much better basketball program.

If all a kid is looking for is flashy facilities, I don't want him at Creighton anyway.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

Jaysker12 wrote:Lots of players have been and will be impressed by Nebraska's state of the art facilities. Let's hope we can leave a similar impression on Gilmore through more meaningful qualities

There's no doubt Nebraska's really updated their facilities and Miles is a good recruiter, but Creighton's facilities are excellent as well and the ability to point to 17K+ crowds every night against traditional Big East teams is a big factor as well.

We will have a few battles against Nebraska just due to location, but the interesting battles for me are going to be the kid who might be considering a Georgetown and sees our facilities AFTER seeing theirs... the contrast will be huge and a big positive for us. Not to mention Mac has plenty to talk about when contrasting their offensive scheme with ours.....
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 am

AttyAlum wrote:

Players may have liked the facilities, but I have yet to see many commitments come out of those that have been impressed on their visits.

Remember that we have a brand new basketball practice facility under construction as well. Plus, we are also a much, much better basketball program.

If all a kid is looking for is flashy facilities, I don't want him at Creighton anyway.

Well yeah, that's what I was alluding to. A player would be delusional to choose a bottom feeder BCS school simply because of their facilities. To me, facilities would be a recruiting asset to have if you were finishing in the top 3 or 4 of a kid's school choices. A great finisher, but definitely not something to build your entire recruiting strategies off of. I recall last summer that numerous Chicago recruits (Jahlil Okafor included) visited NU and all had great things to say about the facilities, but I highly doubt any of them seriously considered committing for a second.
Jaysker12

Postby creightonotter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 am

I can buy an iPad at the mall. A league championship trophy and trips to the NCAA Tournament? Not so much.
creightonotter

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 am

anecdotally - there's a kid in des moines who is projected as #1 WR in his class

he's currently committed to iowa state

he went to notre dame over the weekend and afterwards raved about iowa state's facilities and reaffirmed his commitment to cyclones

now - i'm no cyclone hater - but - this strikes me as insane unless the kid want so go to Ag school (which i'm pretty sure isn't the case).
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am

Welcome to the Hilltop Jojo, Leon, and Hunter. Enjoy your visit and commit soon.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby PorkTornado » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 am

Guys, he met Larry the Cable Guy. The Jays don't stand a chance.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby Fakebluecrew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 pm

PorkTornado wrote:Guys, he met Larry the Cable Guy. The Jays don't stand a chance.

Say what you want about Tim Miles but my god does he get todays generation.

What do young African American Males enjoy? Yup, redneck comedy from "Larry the Cable Guy"

Well I guess we move on to the next recruit.
@FakeBlueCrew on Twitter
Fakebluecrew

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting