2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Offered)

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Great to hear from you 1basketball_mom . Hope Leon has a great AAU year. Leon is just who the Jays need on the wing. Hope he becomes a Jay!
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 pm

1basketball_mom wrote:LGIII enjoyed his visit with Creighton. He liked the staff and everything they said they had to offer. We will more than likely take an official visit in the fall. He was impressed with Nebraska as well but he will not be making any final decisions until after the summer session Peach Jam and Orlando Nationals. Thanks for your continued support..Love the fan enthusiasm :P

Thanks for your informative post, 1basketball_mom. Great news.
There are a lot of good schools out there, and a few Great ones. Creighton is a great school academically, and our AD has built a very strong athletics program over his long tenure. Creighton now offers the complete package: Academics, strong reputation, great sports and conference affiliation, excellent facilities, gets players (Basketball, Soccer, and Baseball) to the pro level. Oh yeah, and Great fanbase support-over 17,000 per game. We will be rated as the 5th or 6th best in Div 1 attendance for 2012-13. As a competitor Coach said this season: All Creighton does is Win!

There are a lot of good choices in schools that Leon can make. Creighton is one of the few Great Choices. Be a Winner Leon, be a Bluejay!
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm

1basketball_mom wrote:LGIII enjoyed his visit with Creighton. He liked the staff and everything they said they had to offer. We will more than likely take an official visit in the fall. He was impressed with Nebraska as well but he will not be making any final decisions until after the summer session Peach Jam and Orlando Nationals. Thanks for your continued support..Love the fan enthusiasm :P

Thank you for the post. All us fans really appreciate being in the loop in recruiting information. Leon is a great kid and would be a tremendous addition to our 2014 class. I wish you guys luck in making your decisions, and I wish him luck in his AAU/EYBL games this summer.
Jaysker12

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am

Leon Gilmore is finally ranked by a recruiting service. In the newly updated Rivals 150, he's ranked 89th ahead of other targets JP Macura, Nick Babb, Casey Benson, Sandy Cohen, and James Demery. I think we have a great shot at landing one of either Gilmore and Benson.
Jaysker12

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:Leon Gilmore is finally ranked by a recruiting service. In the newly updated Rivals 150, he's ranked 89th ahead of other targets JP Macura, Nick Babb, Casey Benson, Sandy Cohen, and James Demery. I think we have a great shot at landing one of either Gilmore and Benson.

Is there a story somewhere that says that Gilmore has us in his top 3, top 5, etc.? I don't remember seeing one...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:58 pm

There isn't, though his mom said they'd likely visit in the fall.
HandDownManDown

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:There isn't, though his mom said they'd likely visit in the fall.

I'd love to get Gilmore. I hope they do take an official visit this fall. Heck, I'd like to see him commit to us this summer.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:Leon Gilmore is finally ranked by a recruiting service. In the newly updated Rivals 150, he's ranked 89th ahead of other targets JP Macura, Nick Babb, Casey Benson, Sandy Cohen, and James Demery. I think we have a great shot at landing one of either Gilmore and Benson.

Is there a story somewhere that says that Gilmore has us in his top 3, top 5, etc.? I don't remember seeing one...

I'm optimistic because 1. he enjoyed himself while here and 2. his mother made an account on the Underground to inform the fan base he'd take an official in the fall. An official vist 'unofficially' puts a school in the top 5 for a recruit, seeing as how only five official visits are allowed.
Jaysker12

Postby jayball » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:05 am

jayball

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 am

It's good to see Leon getting more recognition.

He may as well commit to the Jays now, then visit in the fall.
1basketball_mom and Leon. Go ahead and commit now, avoid the rush.
If Calipari offers, you can always re-open your recruitment. ;)

Be a Bluejay - Rule the Big East!
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting