2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Offered)

Postby mel ott » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 am

Come on Leon- pull the trigger. Let's get this class going in style!
mel ott

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Great to see his mother posting again on the basketball board. Glad they had a great time in Omaha. Looking back at the twitter posts from Wright, Gilmore and others, it looks like the staff and players presented the school and program nicely. I'll be a little surprised if Creighton comes away empty handed from the past two weekends.

I also noticed that Larry Brown is very newly lurking with Gilmore and several other 2014 recruits (Larry or his twitter staffer did a mass follow after their weekend score, based on a quick review of two or three profiles). I know he won't offer half the kids he's looking into right now, and he'll have to oversign to get more than one other recruit to join Mudiay, but he and his stacked staff are going to be a Scott Drew-like force to be reckoned with on the recruiting trail until he hangs up the clipboard again in another couple of years.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby LJay » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Brown won't be around for half the career of the kids he is recruiting right now. If these kids don't get that then they aren't thinking this through very well.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:11 pm

LJay wrote:Brown won't be around for half the career of the kids he is recruiting right now. If these kids don't get that then they aren't thinking this through very well.

Mudiay and Turner, if they somehow land him, don't care, cause they'll be in the NBA by that time. Jankovich can probably keep the momentum going a bit if he can at least keep Maligi on board. But, Jankovich didn't coach Iverson and doesn't have NBA and NCAA championship rings, so the understandable appeal that exists now will be gone at that time. I'm happy to see huge recruits go to non-traditional programs, and I like Larry Brown, but I also agree with the overall skepticism about Brown's future.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 pm

yeah - i just wonder what the long term future of that program is

i think basketball is low on the list of things that people in dallas are interested in following - particularly when the larry brown show moves on...

plus - i think the AAC is going to be a decent hoops conference - they are really going to have to up their game to hang with louisville, uconn and the like
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Larry Brown has a history of doing two things:

1) Abruptly changing jobs; and
2) Putting colleges on probation (See Kansas and UCLA).

Now, if you are a one and done kid, it probably doesn't matter. However, for anyone else, you risk having Brown leave before your eligibility is up and potentially playing under the cloud of an NCAA investigation.

I am pretty sure that last year there was an article on Brown that said he was actually watching Creighton footage because he loved watching Doug McDermott. I can't remember if it was an ESPN story or somebody else, but I distinctly remember reading that. I know it was linked to this board at the time, but have no idea if that thread was purged...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jet915 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 pm

AttyAlum wrote:Larry Brown has a history of doing two things:

1) Abruptly changing jobs; and
2) Putting colleges on probation (See Kansas and UCLA).

Now, if you are a one and done kid, it probably doesn't matter. However, for anyone else, you risk having Brown leave before your eligibility is up and potentially playing under the cloud of an NCAA investigation.

I am pretty sure that last year there was an article on Brown that said he was actually watching Creighton footage because he loved watching Doug McDermott. I can't remember if it was an ESPN story or somebody else, but I distinctly remember reading that. I know it was linked to this board at the time, but have no idea if that thread was purged...

I remember, it was an article and it cited Brown saying that he was watching Creighton play on TV and liked our style of play.
Jet915

Postby Rasputin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Great to see his mother posting again on the basketball board. Glad they had a great time in Omaha. Looking back at the twitter posts from Wright, Gilmore and others, it looks like the staff and players presented the school and program nicely. I'll be a little surprised if Creighton comes away empty handed from the past two weekends.

I also noticed that Larry Brown is very newly lurking with Gilmore and several other 2014 recruits (Larry or his twitter staffer did a mass follow after their weekend score, based on a quick review of two or three profiles). I know he won't offer half the kids he's looking into right now, and he'll have to oversign to get more than one other recruit to join Mudiay, but he and his stacked staff are going to be a Scott Drew-like force to be reckoned with on the recruiting trail until he hangs up the clipboard again in another couple of years.

I love that the staff is sticking with CU values with these young men we're bringing in. So often you see programs lose that and sacrifice character for talent. Both Gilmore and Wright are extremely high character people whom just happen to be extremely talented basketball players. Wherever they decide to go, I wish them the best luck - these are the kinds of young men we want and is why Creighton has been and always will be special place.
Rasputin

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:23 am

LG III

Time to get the party started. Be the building block for the Jays going forward.
Ethanfor3

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 am

+1 Agree wholeheartedly. Lee Lee, "Let's get it started in here...".
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting