2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Wing Leon Gilmore III (Signed)

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 am

mredle wrote:I would suggest you contact the Athletic Department. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

This seems obvious. No idea what that long rambling gtmo post was about -- LG is a scholarship athlete, so if you have questions about anything you should contact the athletic department. They'll take care of everything and can help you far more than a random message board poster who doesn't live anywhere near Omaha.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby 1basketball_mom » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Did anyone go to summer league games?
1Basketball_Mom
1basketball_mom

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:52 pm

1basketball_mom wrote:Did anyone go to summer league games?

Hi mom,

This site will have a full breakdown of the games by tomorrow. I'm sure Leon did just great and thanks for entrusting CU and Omaha with your son!
SonofFrankTomera

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 am

1basketball_mom wrote:Did anyone go to summer league games?

Leon and Ronnie squared off in their first game, and it was fun to watch as they both got after it. Ronnie got the better of Leon in this on, but at the same time he also had more opportunities.

Zach Hanson is on Leon's team and he's usually the one in the lane clogging the paint. Zach had a very good game, but that also means the ball wasn't in Ronnie's hands as much as it could have been. However, he did make a couple of very impressive putbacks, showing off his athleticism and nose for the glass.
JacobPadilla

Postby 1basketball_mom » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:42 am

Thank you. I'm sure he will improve. Games like that makes him work harder now that he sees what he's up against. It's one thing being the star on your high school team then you get to college and the whole team are stars. He will have to work and earn his spot. Get that right hand together, a more consistent shot and ball handling skills down and he will be alright. He has time to grow as a player. Either way, I'm proud of him.
1Basketball_Mom
1basketball_mom

Postby CUJAYFANATIC » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

We all look forward to seeing your son develop over the next 4-5 years and we know he will be a huge contributor to this program. He is in great hands with this coaching staff and his teammates and fans will have his back.
Go Jays.
CUJAYFANATIC

Postby mredle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:37 pm

1basketball_mom wrote:Thank you. I'm sure he will improve. Games like that makes him work harder now that he sees what he's up against. It's one thing being the star on your high school team then you get to college and the whole team are stars. He will have to work and earn his spot. Get that right hand together, a more consistent shot and ball handling skills down and he will be alright. He has time to grow as a player. Either way, I'm proud of him.

That's a nice comment on your son's "heart." This was only summer league and only the first game at that. We all need to keep that in perspective.
mredle

Postby 1basketball_mom » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Thank you..it was very sweet of him. Actually he doesn't know it but he's my motivation. The reason I'm back in school. Can't preach to him the importance of education and I have not completed mine.
My family and I are looking forward to the season.
1Basketball_Mom
1basketball_mom

Postby 1basketball_mom » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 am

Son came home from summer term 10 pounds heavier and very happy with his new school, teammates and community. He had nothing but great things to say. I'm very happy and pleased..thank you
1Basketball_Mom
1basketball_mom

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 am

1basketball_mom wrote:Son came home from summer term 10 pounds heavier and very happy with his new school, teammates and community. He had nothing but great things to say. I'm very happy and pleased..thank you

All great news. Hope you have a wonderful visit with him while he is back home.

PS - I know you probably don't want to share your son much in his brief visit back home, but maybe you could spare a few minutes to let him hang out with Kerwin Roach. It would be nice to have another Houston kid at Creighton.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting