2015 Wing Dane Kuiper (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 Wing Dane Kuiper

Postby Tygerflex » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:52 am

As was stated earlier Dane's family moved to Phoenix to get Dane better basketball opportunities such as the AAU program he's currently playing with Arizona Power Basketball http://www.azpowerbasketball.com/club-teams/dane-kuiper/
The cost of flying Dane out every year for AAU ball was costing between $5K & $7K and that was just for summer basketball.

Dane's was raised in home with an indoor basketball court. From a very early age he was just better, better physically, better shooter, better mentally. The moment does not faze him he's oblivious. In his 3rd game as a freshman against 6A Carver Alabama in a tournament championship he leads all scorers with 18 and carried the team with the 6'9 teammate and Gatorade POY is sitting with foul trouble - where most of us have to work at it, it comes natural to him.

Dane's a hard-worker and has incredibly supportive and active parents. It's pretty easy to get caught up in the hype and hoopla of recruiting but his parents keep a tight rein on things.

This is an excellent site and I really appreciate the positive and fanatic (in a good way) tenor! Looking forward to learning more about Jay's Basketball.
Tygerflex

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 am

Day-um! About the only thing not to like in that video is the musical accompaniment. :D

Love the court awareness, footwork, ballhandling and hustle. I would LOVE to see this kid in a Creighton uni. Any way that he could graduate HS early and joining the team this fall? just kidding...well sort of...

Tygerflex - thanks for stopping by and keep us updated going forward. Any idea who the main recruiter from the CU staff is? I wasn't aware that we had someone recruiting in AZ, but am happy to hear that is the case regardless.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Trifecta » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 am

I love the highlights! Looks like he's got a great long range jumper (I love the square up) to go along with a nice pull-up and slash game. And if those are indeed frosh highlights, then wow :o At 6'6 as a freshman, it won't be a stretch to think his body would be physically ready for D1 ball by the time he's a junior, let alone a senior.

I agree that his game looks a little more diverse than Avery's did on film. Looks to be a bit of a better ball-handler and passer, and showing some flashes of defensive potential. Thanks for sharing the insight Tygerflex!
Trifecta

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:57 pm

He sees the court super well and makes high basketball IQ decisions as a freshman (passing up a 3 pointer to drive it to the rim or dishing the ball to an open man on a slash into the paint). While it does not look like he possesses elite athleticism, his aggressiveness and overall approach on the offensive side of the ball more than make up for it. If anything, he has a great first step on a drive and looks like a great finisher at the rim. Would be a great recruit.
Jaysker12

Postby Tygerflex » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Any idea who the main recruiter from the CU staff is? I wasn't aware that we had someone recruiting in AZ, but am happy to hear that is the case regardless.

Darian DeVries is the main recruiter!

Joining the Big East is a really BIG DEAL! A game changer for CU basketball for sure. It has Dane's attention!! Discussed CU and the Big East at length - talked about the Big East tournament being played in MSG and he replied "the Mecca"!

It's my understanding the average attendance is around 17K at CU is that correct? If it's even remotely close that's fantastic!
Tygerflex

Postby Jet915 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Tygerflex wrote:
Any idea who the main recruiter from the CU staff is? I wasn't aware that we had someone recruiting in AZ, but am happy to hear that is the case regardless.

Darian DeVries is the main recruiter!

Joining the Big East is a really BIG DEAL! A game changer for CU basketball for sure. It has Dane's attention!! Discussed CU and the Big East at length - talked about the Big East tournament being played in MSG and he replied "the Mecca"!

It's my understanding the average attendance is around 17K at CU is that correct? If it's even remotely close that's fantastic!

This will be the typical crowd that Dane would play in front of for Creighton....hope he becomes a Jay!

Jet915

Postby hilltopalum » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Dane will be a top 100 player nationally within the next couple months. Its important for Creighton to stay VERY involved.

Coach McDermott has a good relationship with those who start Dane and 2014 PG Casey Benson's AZ Power AAU club. IMO Creighton should really prioritize those two players. Benson and Kuiper would contribute heavily right away to Creighton in 2014 - 2015 respectively.
hilltopalum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:28 pm

He reminds me of a more skilled Will Sheehey
bluejayfan00

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Tygerflex wrote:It's my understanding the average attendance is around 17K at CU is that correct? If it's even remotely close that's fantastic!

It is absolutely correct. You should try to get up here for a game next fall/winter.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Tygerflex » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Dane will be a top 100 player nationally within the next couple months. Its important for Creighton to stay VERY involved.

I agree with that assessment especially when he's rated on overall play - he makes the people around him better.

Coach McDermott has a good relationship with those who start Dane and 2014 PG Casey Benson's AZ Power AAU club. IMO Creighton should really prioritize those two players. Benson and Kuiper would contribute heavily right away to Creighton in 2014 - 2015 respectively.

I heard Casey's Mom is not well and because of that he is leaning at staying close to the Phoenix area. Casey's teammate Connor MacDougal has committed to Arizona State and is working on Casey in the background. Additionally, Casey's brother is an assistant coach with Dan Majerle at Grand Canyon in Phoenix they just went D1 and joining the WAC.

Out of the schools that have expressed interest in Dane it seems like Stanford would be strong competition for CU. He's slated to attend their Elite camp in June. I just can't see Gonzaga because of the weak conference and Northwest weather. Coach Mac is on Dane and as far as schools go I'd say they have shown strong and consistent early effort. Alford at UCLA with assistant David Grace have made inroads too but the whole LA lifestyle leaves much to be desired. Bottom-line the PAC12 is not the The Big East!
Tygerflex

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting