2014 C Myles Turner (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 C Myles Turner (Offered)

Postby @BlueJays » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 pm

I called Turner's coach this week. He has a gut feeling he will stay close to home so his family can see him play. The coach told me all Big 12 schools offered except West Virginia and other offers too. To me cross him off the list.
@BlueJays

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 am

NBA Top 100 Camp:

Started a bit slowly but picked up as the game moved along and showed off his shot blocking and rebounding ability while mixing in a couple nice post moves as the game moved along. The soaring interior talent was active on the defensive end in blocking a handful of shots and he also was aggressive on the glass and delivered a couple solid passes to boot. Really just scratching the surface offensively, Turner showed flashes of his high major ability on Thursday during the opening session.

Turner's tremendous stretch continued on late Thursday night as the skilled 6-11 forward dropped in jumpers, displayed some multi-tiered post moves and also shot the ball well from the perimeter. As a shot blocker, Turner also defended his area and rebounded his area as well. As he adds strength, his post moves will become even more effective because his footwork and skill level are both outstanding
hilltopalum

Postby LJay » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 am

89 - 60
LJay

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 am

Saw one service had Turner ranked on the top 10 of all 2014 recruits.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:27 pm

He was moved into the Top 10 on ESPN ( at #10 ).

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... order/true

Late Entry - Rivals partial Quote

ESPN ranked him as the 10th best player in the class OVERALL. Creighton has offered but it's going to be a long shot to land Turner, especially with the number of high profile camps he is attending this summer. Rivals plans on ranking Turner as a 5-star prospect later this summer.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby HandDownManDown » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 pm

He's quickly pricing himself out of our range I fear.

Good guy though; if he winds up some other place I'll really be pulling for him to do well.
HandDownManDown

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:01 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:He's quickly pricing himself out of our range I fear.

Good guy though; if he winds up some other place I'll really be pulling for him to do well.

Turner is an Academics 1st recruit, smart, high IQ (as well as Basketball IQ). He is well spoken, polite, and evidently has a very good
family background. He is well grounded and all of the sudden Rankings notoriety isn't phasing him.

He's got CREIGHTON written all over him. He's ours
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:21 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:He's quickly pricing himself out of our range I fear.

Turner is an Academics 1st recruit, smart, high IQ (as well as Basketball IQ). He is well spoken, polite, and evidently has a very good
family background. He is well grounded and all of the sudden Rankings notoriety isn't phasing him.

He's got CREIGHTON written all over him. He's ours

I'd bet $1,000 we don't land Turner. With every Big 12 school offering him a scholarship, plus all the offers that will inevitably come this summer, we don't have a tangible chance.
Jaysker12

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

In case anyone out there still thought we had a chance with Turner, you can move on to the next dream. We did not make his first cut, which includes more schools than I've ever seen in a first "cut":
Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Connecticut, Duke, G-Town, Indiana, Kansas, Kansas St, UK, Louisville, Marquette, Miami (FL), UNC, NC St, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Tex A&M, UT-Arlington, UCLA, UNLV.

Source of info: tweets from Reggie Rankin

Pretty much the usual suspects for a big-time Texas recruit, plus UT-Arlington. Within the next 5 years, we need to join at least the fringe members of that group, like Oregon, KSU, NC St, Stanford, and Marquette.
Bluejay Bilas

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting