2014 SG JP Macura (Xavier Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 SG JP Macura (Xavier Commit)

Postby BoarCommaThe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
LJay wrote:We don't have five rides to give out we have three. We are losing three starters and the 6th man after this year and one of them is a walk on.

Chill out people.

Wouldn't it be four? I know Grant is considered a walk on, but that is a once in a generation thing.

Just re did my calculations, and you are correct LJay. As mr. Bayer at CP once said to me, math will never be your strong point :D

Grant is not a walk-on... That would be the two time all-american, Doug McDermott
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 am

After considering this situation for a couple of days, I've come to a conclusion.

While not getting a commit from Macura is certainly disappointing, it is not that huge of a loss. I say that because the two things we absolutely have to get in this class are the following:
1) a point guard; and
2) athleticism.

Macura provides neither of those things. He's a shooter. We have shooters.

Everyone needs to calm down about Macura. Yes, he would have been a nice add, but his commitment elsewhere is hardly devastating.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am

AttyAlum wrote:After considering this situation for a couple of days, I've come to a conclusion.

While not getting a commit from Macura is certainly disappointing, it is not that huge of a loss. I say that because the two things we absolutely have to get in this class are the following:
1) a point guard; and
2) athleticism.

Everyone needs to calm down about Macura. Yes, he would have been a nice add, but his commitment elsewhere is hardly devastating.

Good post AA. Also, if we don't get the players we want now then we possibly go the JUCO route again in the spring...and another thing people, we already have some damn fine basketball players on our team.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:After considering this situation for a couple of days, I've come to a conclusion.

1) a point guard; and
2) athleticism.

Good post AA. Also, if we don't get the players we want now then we possibly go the JUCO route again in the spring...and another thing people, we already have some damn fine basketball players on our team.

While I agree we have damn fine players, alot of them are leaving after this year as well. Going the JUCO route is not a bad thing though, there are sure to be some good spring recruits as well. I think that getting some of these recruits to come during games in the fall in order to see the atmosphere, having them see a near complete championship center and once they see that all our games are on national TV will help us as well.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 am

We only have one player (Groselle) in the soph class so I have felt we should try to add one juco at a minimum anyway. If we can land Bartley or LaChance plus Gilmore or Harrell we will have a nice couple of players.

Chill pill.

That said, it sort of does feel like a girlfriend dumping ya with the various phases of loss in very small doses...shock, anger/denial, depression, acceptance. :lol:
89 - 60
LJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 am

Rumor has it that JP might be re-considering his X option with Bluiett coming.

Is he still a fit? I'm unsure.
HandDownManDown

Postby Durango Jay » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Would he need "released"?
Durango Jay

Postby taa71458 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Durango Jay wrote:Would he need "released"?

National signing day hasn't happened yet
taa71458

Postby HandDownManDown » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Whoops, didn't see the similar post in the recruits thread about Macura from AA.
HandDownManDown

Postby Fake Father Lannon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:45 am

Anyone have links to the Tweets about him leaving?

If we could snake him from X that be pretty cool. Given their current recruiting class I can't say I'd shed to many tears for them if we ended up with JP.
Fake Father Lannon

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting