2014 Recruits

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Recruits

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Any word on Kreklow? A little bird told me he wants to come here but is holding out hope that a scholie magically appears, which seems pretty unlikely if you ask me.
HandDownManDown

Postby skywalker » Thu May 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Yeah he was told he would have to walk on....not happening.
We are who we are. It's all in the fine tuning that we distinguish ourselves.
skywalker

Postby KeepCool » Fri May 16, 2014 1:47 am

Can we not find Groselle a D2 school to transfer to? Sorry to say, but I hope every day that I read a tweet saying that he is transferring.
KeepCool

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:45 am

KeepCool wrote:Can we not find Groselle a D2 school to transfer to? Sorry to say, but I hope every day that I read a tweet saying that he is transferring.

I'm hoping that Groselle not transferring means the coaches still believe he can contribute
Jaysker12

Postby Jet915 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 am

I think the problem is that we are thin upfront. God forbid if Artino, Hanson, Hegner or Gilmore get hurt, Grosselle will need to play significant minutes.
Jet915

Postby cu8493 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 am

Groeselle's play this coming season will leave many wondering, who is this guy and what have they done with Groeselle?
cu8493

Postby jays911 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:36 am

I am informed that he is the healthiest he has been during his tenure here. The injuries really limited him before.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Hope the pro-Groselle crowd is correct. At this point, it's impossible to blame the Groselle skeptics. He arrived on campus when Chatman did, and has accomplished about as much on the court as Alex Olsen.

Kreklow would provide some stopgap help for Creighton, but if Groselle doesn’t want a more realistic chance of getting playing time and the staff doesn’t want to chase him off, I’m happy to defer to the guys getting paid a lot of money to reposition this team for success.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri May 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Here's hoping that Geoff does a "Wiscy Kaminsky" and becomes a dominant forcé in the paint.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri May 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Hope the pro-Groselle crowd is correct. At this point, it's impossible to blame the Groselle skeptics. He arrived on campus when Chatman did, and has accomplished about as much on the court as Alex Olsen.

Kreklow would provide some stopgap help for Creighton, but if Groselle doesn’t want a more realistic chance of getting playing time and the staff doesn’t want to chase him off, I’m happy to defer to the guys getting paid a lot of money to reposition this team for success.

Happy to hear that Groselle is back. I remember reading some quotes from Mac on him last year talking about how the injuries had held him back. I didn't realize at the time that he'd had the Achilles heel surgery and that he wasn't even really recovered until after Jan 1 2014.

Kreklow would have been another solid player and a good defender, but my problem with him was that he was less productive than Dingman even including Dingman's shooting problems last year. So I didn't necessarily see him taking Dingman's minutes.

Groselle helps this roster a ton, though, if he is healthy and if he progresses like he has the potential to progress. People have debated whether or not Hanson and Artino will play the 4, but if Groselle can take some minutes at the 5, it frees us up to go bigger in our lineup and play a more conventional lineup. It's also nice to have a big guy like him to bang against some of the huge centers we will see in the BE.

I remember seeing him in HS and thinking he had really excellent skills for a big guy - nice positioning on the boards, good hands for a big guy, nice touch inside, even mobile enough to do more than most 7 footers. The big thing in his favor is that Mac, Merfeld and Sellers really do know how to coach post play. They've gotten big men with less talent to be contributors and starters. If they think Groselle can compete in the BE, I tend to trust them.
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting