ESPN 100

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

ESPN 100

Postby BlueJay_Slim » Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Was looking at the ESPN 100 top recruits. Interesting to see how our new conference is doing -- in the future, we're going to need to start showing up onlists like these. Thank you, Doug, for making it more likely we'll get there soon.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... order/true

Big East recruits on Top 100:
Marquette - 3
Villanova - 2
Georgetown - 1
Depaul - 1
St. Johns - 1
Providence - 1
Xavier - 1
Seton Hall - 1
Butler - 0
Creighton - 0
BlueJay_Slim

Re: ESPN 100

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm

We are definitely recruiting a few top 100 players in 2014 and 2015.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Well, we were hard recruiting 5 on this list ( Agau-75, Stevie Clark-68, Wes Clark-79, Kendall Harris-85, and Matt Thomas-51), not counting Conner Frankcamp, Luke Fischer, or Kyle Washington. So we were putting in the time and effort - given that we were recruiting from the MVC...we were swinging for the fences. Similar efforts moving ahead will bear good fruit, in our new conference. As another poster noted above, we are in on several top recruits for both 2014 and 2015. More notable recruits/recruiting is coming...Hopefully maintaining academic quality as well, rather than simply better athletes. :)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 am

I'm well aware of how poopy ESPN's recruiting service is, but I thought this was interesting:

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/ ... class/2013

Two ESPN 100 commits. A couple weeks ago, that number was one.I assumed it was bad ESPN work/ glitchy website issues, but the number has since grown to two. I don't know if this means ESPN values Brooks and Milliken as Top 100 talents, or if that's how all juco recruits work. Still, pretty cool to see that number there 8-)
Jaysker12

Postby mredle » Thu May 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:I'm well aware of how poopy ESPN's recruiting service is, but I thought this was interesting:

Two ESPN 100 commits. A couple weeks ago, that number was one.I assumed it was bad ESPN work/ glitchy website issues, but the number has since grown to two. I don't know if this means ESPN values Brooks and Milliken as Top 100 talents, or if that's how all juco recruits work. Still, pretty cool to see that number there 8-)

Ah Jaysker, it means Hegner and Harris are rated as 3 star recruits.
mredle

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu May 02, 2013 1:21 pm

H
mredle wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:I'm well aware of how poopy ESPN's recruiting service is, but I thought this was interesting:

Ah Jaysker, it means Hegner and Harris are rated as 3 star recruits.

Hmm interesting. Harris is a 2 star and Hegner is a 3 star, but they certainly aren't top 100 kids. My only guess is that they value Brooks and Milliken as top 100 talents.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby cujaysfan » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm

most interesting is hanson being unranked.

i see him as the most physically ready of the three incoming frosh.

shows how inexact recruiting "science" is...
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Thu May 02, 2013 2:48 pm

cujaysfan wrote:most interesting is hanson being unranked.

i see him as the most physically ready of the three incoming frosh.

shows how inexact recruiting "science" is...

I think Hanson's lack of rating is more of an indication that he hasn't been evaluated rather than anything else. Dakota kids don't get any exposure.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby mredle » Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Many times kids will be invited to various camps for scouting services to rate. He committed last year, will be coming to Omaha soon and might very well passed on going to these camps where his rating may have received a bump. I tend to follow the GM rating service. GM (Greg McDermott) doesn't seem to be looking too hard at 4s or 5s for next year. That tells me he thinks we're in pretty good shape. The only other big I've even heard the hint of interest in for next year was atransfer from Purdue and I've heard nothing to indicate we are actively pursuing him.
mredle

Postby jays911 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm

mredle wrote:Many times kids will be invited to various camps for scouting services to rate. He committed last year, will be coming to Omaha soon and might very well passed on going to these camps where his rating may have received a bump. I tend to follow the GM rating service. GM (Greg McDermott) doesn't seem to be looking too hard at 4s or 5s for next year. That tells me he thinks we're in pretty good shape. The only other big I've even heard the hint of interest in for next year was atransfer from Purdue and I've heard nothing to indicate we are actively pursuing him.

+1
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Return to Recruiting