2014 PG Lourawls Narin (Michigan State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 PG Lourawls Narin (Offered)

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 am

who will Coach Gtmo go after next? has Reid Travis announced his finalists? lol

I think most of us kind of appreciate gtmo's passion for Creighton athletics, but he needs to keep some of his recruiting thoughts to himself. Right now it sounds like we'll get visits from Demery, Gilmore, Macura, LaChance and probably others. 99.5% of us would be thrilled if one or more of those guys chose Creighton.

Once it's clear that there is very considerable mutual interest between our staff and a recruit (the sort of interest that manifests itself by an official visit, for instance), no CU fan in a forum that can and has been seen by family, coaches and friends of recruits should ever voice even moderately negative opinions about that recruit, unless the recruit has some sort of questionable out-the-court background (even then, it's best to trust the coaches). There are probably times and places to express pessimism or concern about individual recruits. A recruiting board that has occasionally been found by people closely connected to players our staff wants to add to our team is not such a place. Especially as we transition to the BIG EAST and await what will hopefully be our 3rd straight NCAA tournament appearance, and 10th in 16 years (correct?).
Bluejay Bilas

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 am

someone who follows recruiting closer than i do can correct me if i'm wrong

doesn't james and the minnesota site have a rep for not being the most accurate and slanting things from a gopher perspective (not that there's anything wrong with that for a fan site)?

i'm hoping this is one of those cases.
cujaysfan

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 am

cujaysfan wrote:someone who follows recruiting closer than i do can correct me if i'm wrong

doesn't james and the minnesota site have a rep for not being the most accurate and slanting things from a gopher perspective (not that there's anything wrong with that for a fan site)?

i'm hoping this is one of those cases.

He may slant things toward the Minnesota perspective, but I don't remember him ever being inaccurate....
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:55 am

Well, if this is true, then he did us a favor, both in a large way by clarifying his priorities now rather than later, and in a small way by showing some people that NOBODY is in the bag until the signature hits the page. Hell, we didn't even make the semifinals.

If what comes of this is a readjustment of our place in the basketball recruiting world in some minds, then it's a plus. Bluejay Bilas is right - how about we stick to what we're about and roll that enthusiasm out to players the coaches would like to have as players, rather than saying snotty crap about guys we've never seen play in person?
HandDownManDown

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 pm

AttyAlum wrote:@RyanJamesMN 7m

Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn has narrowed his list to Minnesota, Indiana, and Oklahoma. Scheduling visits now.

Appears to be true. Recruit Scoop is saying the same. http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1535896

2014 Sunrise Christian Academy (KS) point guard Lourawls Nairn has narrowed his list to Minnesota, Indiana and Oklahoma.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:who will Coach Gtmo go after next? has Reid Travis announced his finalists? lol

I think most of us kind of appreciate gtmo's passion for Creighton athletics, but he needs to keep some of his recruiting thoughts to himself. Right now it sounds like we'll get visits from Demery, Gilmore, Macura, LaChance and probably others. 99.5% of us would be thrilled if one or more of those guys chose Creighton.

Once it's clear that there is very considerable mutual interest between our staff and a recruit (the sort of interest that manifests itself by an official visit, for instance), no CU fan in a forum that can and has been seen by family, coaches and friends of recruits should ever voice even moderately negative opinions about that recruit, unless the recruit has some sort of questionable out-the-court background (even then, it's best to trust the coaches). There are probably times and places to express pessimism or concern about individual recruits. A recruiting board that has occasionally been found by people closely connected to players our staff wants to add to our team is not such a place. Especially as we transition to the BIG EAST and await what will hopefully be our 3rd straight NCAA tournament appearance, and 10th in 16 years (correct?).

Ah BB...the sage voice of reason.

Good points BB. Rational, reasonable, to the point. Agree to the vast majority of the opinion you put forth.
However, it seems the only times appropriate to express concerns or criticisms, on this board, are after a recruit has become a Jay. It is then that "open season" begins in the pessimism and criticism department. Oh well, such is the way of fanboards.

Let's look forward to the upcoming visits and to getting some verbal commits.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Accepted a scholie to Michigan St.

It's a disappointment that we didn't even make his final list (even though he always had positive stuff to say about CU and the staff), but MSU is about as good as it was going to get for Tum Tum. Good for him. Hope he does well there.
HandDownManDown

Previous

Return to Recruiting