2015 SG Matt McQuaid (Michigan State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 SG Matt McQuaid (Michigan State Verbal Commit)

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 am

00, that is 100% pure crap. Even if you wind up right on Patton you have no way of knowing it.

And why are we using this thread to say a bunch of baseless shit about kids who DO want to be here?
HandDownManDown

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:35 am

HandDownManDown wrote:00, that is 100% pure crap. Even if you wind up right on Patton you have no way of knowing it.

And why are we using this thread to say a bunch of baseless shit about kids who DO want to be here?

+1,000. That post was straight up BS.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Jays26 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 am

Half you guys are F*** up!
Jays26

Postby mel ott » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 am

Duke1Agn wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Haven't been this frustrated about a recruit in a long time. I'm more on the pessimistic side. Yeah, Patton blew up. But, there's a VERY good chance he doesnt even qualify and he'll end up having to go JUCO for 2 years because of his grades. That's probably 50/50 right now. He was going to be a project anyways, and Stewart probably will be as well. I think we shift all the attention to Chris Clarke. If we don't land him, then I'm not sure where we go from here. Also, McQuaid picked MSU because it's MSU. It's Izzo, the Big Ten. He was perfect for our system. MSU already has a similar player for the 2015 class and I really thought that was going to give us the edge. But, goodluck to him and maybe in a couple years we could be in this discussion with him again.

I'm sorry, but where are you hearing there's a "VERY" good chance that Patton isn't going to qualify? Don't talk about stuff you don't have actual knowledge of. Also, Patton won't be a "project". Have you seen him play in person? Have you seen him scrimmage with the current squad? Patton will be an big time impact player the minute he steps on campus. You can count on that. Folks here are seriously underestimating how good he is.

I can't stand these sky-is-falling posts. We missed out on a recruit. It happens. Move on. He's denied Creighton twice now. I don't foresee the staff giving it a 3rd try if things don't work out at MSU. They spent enough time and effort on him.

How about we take a second to consider all the good things happening with the program? Patton, Watson, Harrell, and LGIII are all top 50 to top 150 players. We've never had that on our roster. Ever. Stewart, by all accounts will likely be in at least some of the final Top 100/150 rankings based on comments from the folks that actually do the scouting and put the lists together. He'd likely already be there if it weren't for his injury over the summer. Add in Cole Huff, and our roster for 2015-2016 is loaded. We just opened one of the nicest practice facilities in the country. We have had plenty of good news lately. Stop acting like a missed recruit means the program is going under.

Rant over. Go Jays.

Thanks for saving most of us the time to print our thoughts. It's unbelievable the attitude of some of our fans. Congrats to the staff and you know it must hurt to put in that much time to lose out. However, we lost out to MSU, not the Valley. Our exposure will continue to grow with these top players and CU will be just fine.
mel ott

Postby yeti47 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 am

Henny Penny day on this board. Simply embrassing.
yeti47

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:58 am

Don't crucify me for knowing bad information. Didn't say it was going to happen. Possibility.
Last edited by bluejayfan00 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejayfan00

Postby Beberre » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:00 am

Let's just make it about what we have and who we are still in contact with. This "sky is falling" stuff is ridiculous to me. I understand we have to keep up but if you're telling me you think Matt coming to CU is going to determine our success just by himself then I strongly disagree. Doug was national player of the year on an otherwise Valley recruit dominated roster and we didn't make it out of the first weekend. This is about the entire class of 2015 so move on and focus on others and wish the kids well who choose otherwise. In big time recruiting you're going to have far more disappointments that you are successes.
Beberre

Postby Jays26 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:04 am

I sure hope somebody will delete that last post by 00 quickly. :roll:
Jays26

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 am

^ seriously. WTF are you doing posting something like that on a public message board?
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby westojay » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:12 am

Moderators, please lock or delete this thread
westojay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting