2014 Wing Jalen Norman

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2014 Wing Jalen Norman

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:27 am

Creighton showing interest in 6'6 wing from Missouri. Injured last year, is reclassifying for 2014.

Among the prospects already gaining interest from Jamie Dixon in 2014 is small forward Jalen Norman, a 6'6" 210-pound prospect who will spend the next year at Quakerdale New Promise Academy in New Providence, Iowa.

"I have been battling an injury," Norman told Panther-Lair.com. "I am attending prep school but I made that decision before [suffering an] injury. I thought it was the best decision for me regardless of the injury. I tore my MCL and all that, but am working my way back to 100%. Just focusing on plyometrics and getting my vertical back."

Pitt will be among a number of schools tracking Norman's recovery and development over the next year.

"Right now I have an offer from Boston College. Other than them, I am hearing from Marquette, Creighton, Pitt, Tennessee, Butler, and Baylor the most.

"I like Pitt's coaching staff and style a lot. I also like the fan support that they get. I have definitely noticed that. I don't have any visits set right now, but Maybe Missouri. I am open to play anywhere really so Pitt is a school I will look at.

The 6'6" combo-forward prospect is an explosive athlete who will need to effectively recover from his injury in order to return to his high level of play. Once he recovers, though, he has a lot to offer a college team.

"I get my teammates involved," Norman said. "I can handle the ball and slashing is what I do best right now. I have been working on my jump shot a lot. I will most likely play small forward in prep school and have played every position in high school. I know I will have to be a three or two at the next level."
Jet915

Return to Recruiting