2014 PG Marcus Bartley

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 PG Marcus Bartley

Postby Fake Father Lannon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:46 pm

TBC Alum wrote:And not the fake Fr Lannon either

I take offense to that :lol:
Fake Father Lannon

Postby LJay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Found this online...this kid needs to eat! :shock:

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Scott Burgess ‏@scott_chihoops 7m
Decatur MacArthur 2014 PG Marcus Bartley says he will take official visit to #Creighton September 27-28

Taking official to SLU in early September. I'm sure this visit hinges on Wright and LaChance although at 6'4-6'5, maybe he could be a combo guard? He has alot of high major offers and his Creighton connection.......
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Verbals to SLU
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby westojay » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Wow. Couldn't even get a visit. Well maybe its time to start looking at PGs in the JUCO ranks.
westojay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Honestly, probably more of a mid-major guy. So, likely a good choice by him. Not to say we'll necessarily end up with three better players in this class, or that I wasn't looking forward to him visiting.

We don't really have the cache right now to expect most kids to be happy being our second, third or fourth option. And that's part of what I've been trying to articulate as to a big problem we appear to be having. Cause of the conference switch, we did not have an extended period of time to build relationships with our top targets. Our targets changed overnight. Thus, with that fact and the facility construction, I'm not that upset or shocked right now.

On a related note, I'm very curious to know how much slow playing the staff's been doing with recruits since we got the 5 verbal commits last summer. Maybe they haven't been doing that, but some of the evidence suggests that it's occurred. I just don't think that Gibbs, Aldridge, Edwards, Coleman, Bartley and some of the other guys knew for certain that if they wanted to commit they could do so without waiting for some other event to first occur. If that's the case, time will tell as to whether the gambling works/worked for Mac.

On the plus side, if LaChance stays available for another month, we'll probably still have a spot for him. Insert emoticon.

Update:
FWIW, Matt claims he was told that we had "pulled out" of his recruitment. That seems odd.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am

Mid-major guy? Doesn't seem like it, had a bunch of high major offers. He needs to put on alot of weight and strength but seemed like he had alot of potential. We can't even get a guy whose parents are Creighton alumni to visit us? This is depressing...
Jet915

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

Jet915 wrote:Mid-major guy? Doesn't seem like it, had a bunch of high major offers. He needs to put on alot of weight and strength but seemed like he had alot of potential. We can't even get a guy whose parents are Creighton alumni to visit us? This is depressing...

If all those schools wanted him and he and the adults around him thought he was a high major talent, why, at a time when loads of high major schools are scrambling to find a PG, is he committing to SLU before taking an official anywhere else. I only put so much stock in what someone supposedly told our Rivals site guy, but why did we pull out of the recruitment, if that did happen? Either we thought he was solidly a SLU guy (and is Jim Crews in a watered-down A-10 really beating out Creighton, Northwestern, Stanford, Oklahoma State, DePaul and whoever else may have offered?), or we thought we had better guard options.

I agree that Bartley appears to have good upside, and the Creighton connection was exciting. But, something doesn't add up here.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:06 pm

MattyP saying we cancelled his official last night and that's why he committed to SLU. Makes no sense to me, it's not like we have top 150 pgs lined up for visits. I hope this means that the staff thinks they can get a better pg but that seems pretty risky.
Jet915

Postby JaysForever » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:16 am

According to his uncle in Omaha he likes that SLU is close to home. He did not have all the offers that some on this board said he had. The only other big offer was Okie State.
JaysForever

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting