2015 PG Jalen Adams

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Jalen Adams

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks. I did a quick look through but must have missed it.

6'1 PG from MA. I thought we had a thread on him but I couldn't find it so here it goes. 4 star recruit. #27 on Rivals. Quote from yesterday: "Creighton, Connecticut, Georgia Tech and Kansas," said Adams when asked who was recruiting him the most aggressively. "Those four are coming at me real hard right now, probably more than anybody else."

UCONN seems to be the favorite. I love it that alot of kids are saying we are recruiting them the hardest. Staff is working hard. Hopefully they get rewarded. Don't expect him to come to Creighton, but if he did, Sellers would deserve a raise!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jalen-Adams-143098
Jet915

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am

http://www.thebasketballdiary.com/2014/ ... shing.html

No Creighton mention, unless I missed it.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Kkorverfan » Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm

ESPN Insider:
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecr ... api_public

Adams doesn’t have Trier’s size in the backcourt, but there might not be a smoother player off the dribble in the entire 2015 class. He has both speed and quickness, but most impressive is the way he glides to the basket. He’s also a fantastic finisher for a smaller guard (6-foot-2) because his body control is second to none, as is his touch around the rim with various spins and angles off the glass all working to his favor.

Adams is also more apt to make plays for other people. He’s historically been known as more of an undersized 2-guard after sharing the backcourt with incoming Syracuse point guard Kaleb Joseph for the last two years, but Adams made a point of proving his ability to play the point during the first Adidas Gauntlet session in Dallas.

“The first session I kind of wanted to show everyone that I could bring the ball up the court and create for other people,” Adams said. “This weekend, we were without Curtis [Cobb] and [Josh] Sharma, who are two of our other scorers, so I went in knowing that I needed to produce if we were going to win.”

Things went according to plan as Adams scored a total of 129 points on the weekend to lead the Mass Rivals to four straight big wins over Kansas Pray and Play, RL9 Elite, Ohio Basketball Club and Compton Magic Elite. He now ranks among the top-five scorers and passers on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit with 22.2 points and 4.3 assists per game.

While Trier and Adams go about putting up their big numbers in different ways, they have a similar perspective when it comes to their recruitment in that neither of them seems to be in much of a hurry.

“My focus has been just developing my game and having a great summer,” Trier said while listing offers from Georgetown, Maryland, Arizona, UCLA, Connecticut, Louisville, Kansas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Minnesota, Memphis, NC State, Wake Forest and Washington, among others.

Adams' list might not be nearly as long, but that’s in large part because he’s not interested in collecting scholarship offers. Instead, he’s opted to be up front with several schools and let them know when he doesn’t have much interest. He listed offers from UConn, Kansas, Minnesota and Creighton while noting that he also heard from Louisville head coach Rick Pitino earlier this week.

“He was just telling me about the campus and about how I fit into the system," Adams said. "He said he’s going to be watching me a lot during the live period."

Another school starting to make inroads with both guards but that has yet to offer either is North Carolina, as Trier and Adams both mentioned increased communication from the Tar Heels as of late.

Ultimately, Adams and Trier are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to scoring guards in the 2015 class and will undoubtedly be compared and contrasted not just with each other, but also with the likes of Malik Newman, Antonio Blakeney, Isaiah Briscoe and a long line of others.

Regardless of how those conversations go in the future, one thing is for sure: There was no one better at the Nike EYBL last weekend than Trier and no one better at the Adidas Gauntlet last weekend than Adams. And they both have their spots in the record books to prove it.
Kkorverfan

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:43 pm

“UConn, Minnesota, Kansas, Creighton, Rhode Island, Louisville, and a few other schools are talking to me a lot,” noted Adams.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Thu May 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Whatever PG we grab in this class is going to become a Bluejay god given the keys to the kingdom. We will end up with someone special in this class who understands that and decides to come aboard.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:38 pm

LJay wrote:Whatever PG we grab in this class is going to become a Bluejay god given the keys to the kingdom. We will end up with someone special in this class who understands that and decides to come aboard.

+!. I am confident of our staff's ability to sell our vision successfully to recruits. The 2015 PG commit will be huge for the continued elevation of our program's status..
Jaysker12

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 am

Off the market. UConn commit, per many on twitter.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby mannygakou » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:33 am

@JalenAdams25: I Have Officially Decided That I Will Continue To Pursue My Dream At The University Of Connecticut.

He Is Officially Off The Market
mannygakou

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:48 am

Poor GTMO.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Adams was the top remaining guard on our list. Oh well. As LJ says - there are other fish in the sea. We will get a good PG.
;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Recruiting