2015 recruits

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 recruits

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:57 pm

mredle wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:not too much to report as of right now. Coaches turning focus toward season right now. Hoping for Clarke, after that it gets a bit thin

I love the "all in" quality of the coaches decision with respect to Clarke. If we get him we have a great recruiting class in the fall. If not, we don't panic, we assess options and plan and set the table for the spring.

Agreed, I also like that it indicates to me that the coaches are happy with the current roster and only want to add someone who would be a legitimate upgrade.
Chicagojayfan

Postby taa71458 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:39 pm

mredle wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:not too much to report as of right now. Coaches turning focus toward season right now. Hoping for Clarke, after that it gets a bit thin

I love the "all in" quality of the coaches decision with respect to Clarke.

Its not like we really have any other option besides that right now
taa71458

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:00 pm

taa71458 wrote:
mredle wrote:

I love the "all in" quality of the coaches decision with respect to Clarke.

Its not like we really have any other option besides that right now

I disagree - we could probably have many more options, but the point is that we are raising the bar and not settling.
TrueBlueJay

Postby taa71458 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:13 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:
I disagree - we could probably have many more options, but the point is that we are raising the bar and not settling.

I guess I should clarify options of players that can compete at the Big East level
taa71458

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Disagree: there are plenty of Top 150 recruits still on the boards. Not counting kids in the Top 30, there are 21 uncommitted Rivals 150 guys. There will be approx 600-800 transfers next Spring, as well. The coaching staff has plenty of options available and with season starting in less than a month, this is as good a time as any for a pause.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby R to the OB » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:07 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Disagree: there are plenty of Top 150 recruits still on the boards. Not counting kids in the Top 30, there are 21 uncommitted Rivals 150 guys. There will be approx 600-800 transfers next Spring, as well. The coaching staff has plenty of options available and with season starting in less than a month, this is as good a time as any for a pause.

The second part (600-800 transfers) is probably where we're going to end up looking.
I'll also add in JUCOs, even though I'd prefer we not go that route and not have to fill 5 or 6 scholarships in a few years.
R to the OB

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:29 pm

There arent 800 guys we would consider, there might be 20 to 30. Maybe.
HandDownManDown

Postby mredle » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Bottom line is that many of us have been suggesting various players that we might go after in place of Clarke, some of which have received attention from our coaching staff at one time or the other. Yet our coaches have not gone in that direction. It may be that we are thinking of the crop of transfers who may be available or JC players but do you pass on players that can actually play that you would have for four years? No. I think our coaches are looking for a certain level of player and they aren't willing to sign a lesser player just to mollify us.
mredle

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:41 pm

mredle wrote:Bottom line is that many of us have been suggesting various players that we might go after in place of Clarke, some of which have received attention from our coaching staff at one time or the other. Yet our coaches have not gone in that direction. It may be that we are thinking of the crop of transfers who may be available or JC players but do you pass on players that can actually play that you would have for four years? No. I think our coaches are looking for a certain level of player and they aren't willing to sign a lesser player just to mollify us.

+1, and I think it means that they need a certain level of player to improve on what they already have on this roster. The attitude of the coaches here is a positive reflection on the roster and on our future prospects.
Chicagojayfan

Postby westojay » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Anyone know who Marshawn Wilson is? PG from Minnesota. He got a Jays vote on the crystal ball tonight.
westojay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting