TRANSFER :: Damion Lee (Louisville Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

TRANSFER :: Damion Lee (Louisville Verbal Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Drexel's senoir will graduate and be eligible next season. He will likely be one of the hottest names out there. Look for Maryland and Creighton to be after.
Last edited by hilltopalum on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hilltopalum

Re: TRANSFER :: Damion Lee

Postby R Jay » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm

I saw Drexel and Lee play several times this season and was quite impressed. Put up 30 points multiple times on the year. Drexel was riddled with injuries this year, losing their starting PG and PF before the year. Lee carried them on his back.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Lee is an NBA player.
hilltopalum

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Glad the staff is turning every corner, Lee is gonna have alot of suitors though so we'll see if he's interested in us.
Jet915

Postby JayPak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm

We hear all the time that Creighton's slow start in national recruiting is due to not having been on to players for years and needing to establish contacts in other parts of the country. Sellers was brought in as a future ace recruiter. Now, here's a player in Lee that he's known for years and has a prior recruiting relationship with. Competition for Lee will be fierce. This is a chance for Sellers to show some recruiting chops where he's competing on an even field.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm

JayPak wrote:We hear all the time that Creighton's slow start in national recruiting is due to not having been on to players for years and needing to establish contacts in other parts of the country. Sellers was brought in as a future ace recruiter. Now, here's a player in Lee that he's known for years and has a prior recruiting relationship with. Competition for Lee will be fierce. This is a chance for Sellers to show some recruiting chops where he's competing on an even field.

Didn't know Sellers has ties to Lee......I agree, Sellers was brought in as a recruiting guru, very underwhelming results so far.
Jet915

Postby JayPak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25129699/observations-timing-probably-right-for-shaka-smart-to-leave-vcu

5. Damion Lee will likely be the most sought after fifth-year transfer: Need buckets? Lee's got 'em. The 6-6 wing made the decision Monday to graduate from Drexel and be immediately eligible to play next season, which makes him one hot priority for schools during the spring recruiting period. Lee averaged 21.4 points and 6.1 rebounds this season for the Dragons while shooting 38.5 percent from long distance. There will be a long line of suitors for this kid, who is capable of starting and having an impact in any conference in college basketball.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:47 am

Jet915 wrote:
JayPak wrote:We hear all the time that Creighton's slow start in national recruiting is due to not having been on to players for years and needing to establish contacts in other parts of the country. Sellers was brought in as a future ace recruiter. Now, here's a player in Lee that he's known for years and has a prior recruiting relationship with. Competition for Lee will be fierce. This is a chance for Sellers to show some recruiting chops where he's competing on an even field.

Didn't know Sellers has ties to Lee......I agree, Sellers was brought in as a recruiting guru, very underwhelming results so far.

http://louisville.scout.com/story/15339 ... r-him?s=17

including Louisville.

Sellers has not been a recruiting savior, but Watson would not be here without Sellers' pre-Creighton work. And expectations for instant results were unrealistic. Although it made sense because of his time at UConn, it was a bit of square peg to round hole hire. He appears to have been a key player in the construction of two National Championship teams, so he knows what he’s doing when it comes to kids and the important adults surrounding them. But, old Big East and UConn are much easier sells for a South Carolina native whose brother played for Uconn than the new Big East and Creighton. If this staff is eventually able to turn Creighton into a major recruiting player, Sellers will deserve plenty of credit.

All of that said, could someone please help him adjust his Twitter account. The photo from his days in the Chinese Basketball Association needs to go, and he’s got to change his username/handle to something like @CoachPatSellers. There needs to more coach and Creighton identifiers. Seriously, this should have been fixed 2 years ago, and there are people who read this board capable of passing this message along to the tech/social media person(s) within the athletic department. It’s kind of inexcusable at this point.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby R Jay » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:55 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

http://louisville.scout.com/story/15339 ... r-him?s=17

including Louisville.

Sellers has not been a recruiting savior, but Watson would not be here without Sellers' pre-Creighton work. And expectations for instant results were unrealistic. Although it made sense because of his time at UConn, it was a bit of square peg to round hole hire. He appears to have been a key player in the construction of two National Championship teams, so he knows what he’s doing when it comes to kids and the important adults surrounding them. But, old Big East and UConn are much easier sells for a South Carolina native whose brother played for Uconn than the new Big East and Creighton. If this staff is eventually able to turn Creighton into a major recruiting player, Sellers will deserve plenty of credit.

All of that said, could someone please help him adjust his Twitter account. The photo from his days in the Chinese Basketball Association needs to go, and he’s got to change his username/handle to something like @CoachPatSellers. There needs to more coach and Creighton identifiers. Seriously, this should have been fixed 2 years ago, and there are people who read this board capable of passing this message along to the tech/social media person(s) within the athletic department. It’s kind of inexcusable at this point.

I believe his twitter account is a personal one that has no link to the athletic department. While it would be great to see some more Creighton identifiers, I doubt the athletic department can really do anything about it other than recommend changes.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Duke1Agn » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:55 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:

This is so right. Our staff is absolutely awful at utilizing social media.

Go take a look at Coach Abdelmassih's (now at St. John's) Twitter account. He's one of the best recruiters in the game. He uses social media to his advantage.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Next

Return to Recruiting