2014 PG Devonte Graham (Kansas Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014? PG Devonte Graham

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 pm

I think our best chance of landing Devonte is if he doesn't get a release. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 am

Jet915 wrote:‏@GoodmanESPN
Kansas, Creighton, Providence, Ga. Tech all went to Brewster Academy to watch senior PG Devonte Graham. Still not released by App State.

Didn't look at the rest of Kansas' recruiting, but they should be desperate to get a decent PG into the program. Are they serious about Graham or just beating the bushes to find the guy they want?
Chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 pm

fritzpointer wrote:I think our best chance of landing Devonte is if he doesn't get a release. Go Jays!

Good point fritz (no pun). Fortunately, we can afford to allow him to sit out in 2014, whereas the others may want immediate help. That could be our advantage. However, now that Capel has been fired, App St may go ahead and release him - rather than wait and have the new hire have do it later.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 am

Providence got a commitment from a 2014 PG, Kyron Cartwright, last night. http://friarbasketball.com/2014/04/08/k ... ght-friar/

By the way, Appy St can't do a conditional release as I understand it - it is all or nothing. If they truly want to make sure that NC State doesn't end up with him (without having to sit out a year), they can't release him.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby taa71458 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Released
taa71458

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Probably going to NC State is my bet but maybe he might be interested.
Jet915

Postby JayPharmAlum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Jet915 wrote:Probably going to NC State is my bet but maybe he might be interested.

I haven't seen anything saying CU was in the mix. Our focus at PG needs to be on Watson.
JayPharmAlum

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:52 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Probably going to NC State is my bet but maybe he might be interested.

I haven't seen anything saying CU was in the mix. Our focus at PG needs to be on Watson.

Never place all of your eggs in one basket.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
JayPharmAlum wrote:I haven't seen anything saying CU was in the mix. Our focus at PG needs to be on Watson.

NC St., Kansas...who knows? Are u suggesting we just "give up / quit" in recruiting Graham? Watson? Who is Watson - NM...
The BU Transfer, hmmm. He may be a good get...but I'd still keep our hand in on Graham...just in case.

Agree with AA on this one. Besides from this year forward, most if not all of, our recruits will have numerous major offers. We cannot hide our heads in the sand nor "sneak up" on the competition. It's Big Boy recruiting now. Play hardball and swing for the fence. :)
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby JayPharmAlum » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:08 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:
JayPharmAlum wrote:I haven't seen anything saying CU was in the mix. Our focus at PG needs to be on Watson.

NC St., Kansas...who knows? Are u suggesting we just "give up / quit" in recruiting Graham? Watson? Who is Watson (no thread)?
Agree with AA on this one. Besides from this year forward, most if not all of, our recruits will have numerous major offers. We cannot hide our heads in the sand nor "sneak up" on the competition. It's Big Boy recruiting now. Play hardball and swing for the fence. :)

I'm suggesting that we not get too excited about recruiting a player who hasn't expressed an interest in us when we've got a proven college scoring PG on campus this weekend (Watson - see thread below this one).
JayPharmAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting