2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:22 am

Not concerned about losing Watson at all, except for the fact that he's going to the Skers. He is cast into darkness. :evil:
Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Disappointed that Glynn chose UNL. Fortunately, there are still other good PGs available.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby R to the OB » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm

I'm feeling a bit better today. Yes, losing Glynn hurts, but it's not the end of the world. I saw Mo play during the summer and was quite impressed. He is the real deal. He'll probably play around 30 minutes per game his Jr. and Sr. years. Jayz makes a good point that Zierden could play PG if necessary.
Back to the recruiting trail, obviously GW was our number one target, so losing him hurts. A few questions for everyone: who are our top two or three PG targets now? Will we shift our efforts away from PG with our top guy off the market? Can we even afford to wait until 2016 or later to sign another PG?
R to the OB

Postby mredle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:12 pm

R to the OB wrote:I'm feeling a bit better today. Yes, losing Glynn hurts, but it's not the end of the world. I saw Mo play during the summer and was quite impressed. He is the real deal. He'll probably play around 30 minutes per game his Jr. and Sr. years. Jayz makes a good point that Zierden could play PG if necessary.
Back to the recruiting trail, obviously GW was our number one target, so losing him hurts. A few questions for everyone: who are our top two or three PG targets now? Will we shift our efforts away from PG with our top guy off the market? Can we even afford to wait until 2016 or later to sign another PG?

Robinson, Clarke and McQuaid would work nicely as would several others. Watson and IZ would be great mentors for Robinson.
mredle

Postby westojay » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm

I think we will need to get another PG on the roster. Need some depth there and someone who can be groomed by Mo. Justin Robinson is probably the best target we are currently after I believe. I think you can add Ty Hudson, Chad Lott, and Galen Robinson to the list?
westojay

Postby LJay » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Also Desure Buie of NY is said to be visiting. Tweet in the spring said Seton Hall had offered.

Rivals #141 Paris Austin of Oakland, CA Bishop O'Dowd (Paul Silas alma mater?) with a story somewhere saying CU looking at trying to get him out here. Saw a tweet from May saying we were showing interest so it's not out of the blue.

There was also a guy named Hyram Edwards who was once In the Rivals 150 who was BBF with Davon Dillard and they were going to Purdue together. Then Purdue got a PG commit and I haven't heard a thing about either of those guys since. Dillard remains in the top 150.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

As those above have so dutifully pointed out, the staff has done its job of getting their foot in the door with a handful of quality pg prospects..There are still plenty of doors open and I'm sure we'll be hearing more on that front over the next couple weeks
Jaysker12

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 am

bballfan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:someone can correct me if i'm wrong - but i don't think we've lost a recruit to the red menace since before Motz.

so - we're used to beating nebrsketball for pretty much everything: recruits, national media attention, fan support, as well as on the court.

#BOOM...Watson is N...and CU doesn't get more fan support...take off the blue sunshades.

Haha. Heck of a pickup for Nebraska. But let's be honest. Creighton has Maurice Watson, a guy who many feel is already one of the better point guards in college hoops, hitting the floor for the Jays in 2015. Whether you want to believe it or not, the thought of sitting for two years behind him likely played a big role in Glynn's decision. Miles will give Glynn the keys right away, which is great for you guys. It's been a great month for you with White and Glynn committing. I love the way this rivalry is shaping up long term. Both teams bringing in quality talent.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:44 am

Several uncommited Top 150 PGs still on the board. Also several PGs on the WBR list for 2015 that CU had interest in previously...Robinson, Buie, Lott
also Roosevelt Smart - IL, Marshawn Wilson - Minn, Max Hazzard - LA, Cali, among them.

FYI: Paul Silas - MACK (McClymonds HS in Oakland).
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Too bad Glynn didn't visit Stinkoln this weekend to see the true Sker fans.

Go Cowboys!!!
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting