2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 am

PorkTornado wrote:Don't forget we have Mo Watson waiting to take over so it isn't the end of the world if they don't get Glynn Watson. That isn't to say it wouldn't be a disappointment if we didn't get him.

Completely agree. Based on what he showed at BU and the fact he’s got a year to improve his game in Omaha, Mo Watson is going to be the best PG in the state for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 seasons. Indeed, I fully believe that he’ll be among the elite point guards in the nation for those years. We need some depth and someone ready to take over after Mo Watson, but whether it’s Glynn Watson or someone else, I have fewer PG concerns for the short-term future than I do with respect to any other position.

Clearly, some of the consternation here is solely the product of a large number of our fans not wanting to feel like Nebraska has beaten us at anything, and not wanting to deal with the predictable comments that will be made if Glynn Watson commits to UNL (given the mouth running by both sides, it’s not like we can get too upset when the idiot portion of their fanbase acts like they’re on top of the world all of sudden). G. Watson looks to be a great prospect, and I’ll be thrilled if he’s a Bluejay. But, there is plenty to suggest at this point that he’s strongly leaning towards the Huskers. Whether it’s because he loves the coaches there, really believes in their vision for the future, or badly wants to play in the Big 10, who knows? The Big 10 is a better overall league right now than the Big East. And, it seems like he’s been under-recruited by the Big 10 (not sure if it’s a needs of teams for 2015 issue, a height issue, or what, but a lot of the more local schools have not been very involved with him), so he may have something to prove to Illinois and other schools closer to home.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if there does prove to be fire here in connection with all of the Big Red smoke, there will be far more Bluejay angst than if he committed to any other school in the country besides Nebraska. But, it really shouldn’t be viewed differently than any other recruiting loss. In the past, we’ve recruited kids who chose Nebraska instead of CU, and it will happen again in the future. The same is true in reverse. Regardless, we’ll find out soon about G. Watson.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:41 am

someone can correct me if i'm wrong - but i don't think we've lost a recruit to the red menace since before Motz.

so - we're used to beating nebrsketball for pretty much everything: recruits, national media attention, fan support, as well as on the court.
cujaysfan

Postby JayFan95 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

Was thinking about this myself. Think the last kid I remember NU beating out CU for was Wes Wilkenson who Dana really wanted. Think Jason Dourisseau was another. Dana really wanted Wes.

Been a long time.
JayFan95

Postby taa71458 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:51 am

cujaysfan wrote:someone can correct me if i'm wrong - but i don't think we've lost a recruit to the red menace since before Motz.

so - we're used to beating nebrsketball for pretty much everything: recruits, national media attention, fan support, as well as on the court.

taa71458

Postby Jet915 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 am

I agree that losing Watson isn't the end of the world but losing him to the Huskers would really sting...
Jet915

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:24 pm

JayFan95 wrote:Was thinking about this myself. Think the last kid I remember NU beating out CU for was Wes Wilkenson who Dana really wanted. Think Jason Dourisseau was another. Dana really wanted Wes.

Been a long time.
Current Nebraska player Nick Fuller reported a Creighton offer to recruiting websites I believe.
1620Jay

Postby westojay » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

1620Jay wrote:
JayFan95 wrote:Was thinking about this myself. Think the last kid I remember NU beating out CU for was Wes Wilkenson who Dana really wanted. Think Jason Dourisseau was another. Dana really wanted Wes.

Been a long time.
Current Nebraska player Nick Fuller reported a Creighton offer to recruiting websites I believe.

Stopped recruiting him once Hegner committed
westojay

Postby JayFan95 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Darian Harris
JayFan95

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Everything Glynn states he is looking for is at Creighton. Furthermore he says he has a good relationship with the coaches and players. Let's stay positive, stay focused, and concede nothing.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:32 pm

Glynn did not commit during his Nebraaska visit. Definitely a good sign.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting