2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 pm

bballfan wrote:CU doesn't get more fan support...take off the blue sunshades.

Altman's Advisor

Postby CreighTony » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm

bballfan wrote:In Omaha, maybe...nationwide, not a chance...haven't you seen the map showing CU as the most hated team in Nebraska?

You'll probably get some of your volleyball fans jumping the sinking ship to come over to basketball now. Too bad you didn't set any seats aside for the casual fan who may want to check you out. Congratulations to Glynn Watson on making a decision. You guys were hurting for a decent point guard.
CreighTony

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 pm

bballfan wrote:In Omaha, maybe...nationwide, not a chance...haven't you seen the map showing CU as the most hated team in Nebraska?

HA!

In a way you prove my point: Nebraska fans hate CU. Creighton fans have bigger fish to fry. What exactly does that say about who is the little brother?

But congrats, another step towards relevancy.
HandDownManDown

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 pm

Something about that "Most Hated" team poll...

It asked what state you were from, and then it asked what team was the most hated team in your state. In my experience, there are far more UNL grads who live in Nebraska than Creighton grads. Creighton grads who casted their votes for UNL but live in other states weren't representing Nebraska. Not to mention the fact that UNL has a much larger enrollment, thus representing a much larger group of families who would like Nebraska/dislike Creighton. The data is skewed and is no way legitimate.

That's all I have to say about that. Congrats to UNL and on to the next one for Creighton.
ZMagic30

Postby Jays26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 pm

bballfan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:someone can correct me if i'm wrong - but i don't think we've lost a recruit to the red menace since before Motz.

so - we're used to beating nebrsketball for pretty much everything: recruits, national media attention, fan support, as well as on the court.

#BOOM...Watson is N...and CU doesn't get more fan support...take off the blue sunshades.

You will have to excuse bballfan, he, as all other sker fans, have no idea how to act when they sign a half way descent recruit. :lol:

Will be just fine, we have 3 more yrs of great point guard play guaranteed.
Jays26

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:04 pm

This made me laugh. Thanks.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby cufan10 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:53 am

My message to Glynn Watson on choosing UNL...

Mo Watson and the Jays are going to haunt your dreams for four years. Tim Miles may well move on to a new school before you even graduate. The Jays and Coach Mac however will still be going strong, while UNL could fall behind UNO to the third best basketball team in the state. The Jays own this state in basketball and always will. Just wait till the novelty wears off on pinnacle and the crowds begin to dwindle again while you take two trips to a packed century link center omaha and think about what might have been. Your Loss.
cufan10

Postby Jet915 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:05 am

Would have loved to get Glynn but I think we still have the better Watson and it will show in the next couple years.
Jet915

Postby 1620Jay » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 am

cufan10 wrote:My message to Glynn Watson on choosing UNL...

Mo Watson and the Jays are going to haunt your dreams for four years. Tim Miles may well move on to a new school before you even graduate. The Jays and Coach Mac however will still be going strong, while UNL could fall behind UNO to the third best basketball team in the state. The Jays own this state in basketball and always will. Just wait till the novelty wears off on pinnacle and the crowds begin to dwindle again while you take two trips to a packed century link center omaha and think about what might have been. Your Loss.

That's being generous. I would put NU 4th or 5th best in the state behind Bellevue and Midland.
1620Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am

In the end, I think this had more to do with Mo Watson than anything else. He has a lower level of competition to win a starting job earlier at NU. I'm not convinced Tai or Smith are starting D1 level points. Watson is definitely a starting D1 point.

On to the next one, but in the scheme of things McQuaid is a bigger priority
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting