2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Michael Orris
SonofFrankTomera

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:Michael Orris

The internet's saying that Illinois Old School was Orris' grassroots team:

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-ba ... ael00.html
Bluejay Bilas

Postby jayball » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Anyone that puts credence in 247 predictions is chasing rainbows.

I have no idea what glynn is thinking or looking for in a school. UnL might land him. But 247 predictions are horseshit most of the time.
jayball

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:07 pm

All of Harrell's predictions were for Purdue last year fwiw (which is next to nothing). He took his official to CU and fell in love with it here.I wouldn't be surprised to see Glynn commit to Creighton if he doesn't commit right after his visit to UNL.
ZMagic30

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:35 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:All of Harrell's predictions were for Purdue last year fwiw (which is next to nothing). He took his official to CU and fell in love with it here.I wouldn't be surprised to see Glynn commit to Creighton if he doesn't commit right after his visit to UNL.

I don't pay attention to 247 predictions as they always seem to be off base for us (whenever they predict us, it's pretty much not us).

I think Watson is a great fit, and the possibility of playing in an offense where he'll bet plenty of minutes and be the heir apparent for a fast flowing, high skill, shooting offense is a great opportunity to showcase his skills.
Chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
ZMagic30 wrote:All of Harrell's predictions were for Purdue last year fwiw (which is next to nothing). He took his official to CU and fell in love with it here.I wouldn't be surprised to see Glynn commit to Creighton if he doesn't commit right after his visit to UNL.

I don't pay attention to 247 predictions as they always seem to be off base for us (whenever they predict us, it's pretty much not us).

I think Watson is a great fit, and the possibility of playing in an offense where he'll bet plenty of minutes and be the heir apparent for a fast flowing, high skill, shooting offense is a great opportunity to showcase his skills.

Agree.

But don't mention the "plenty of minutes" part if you post over at BluejayBanter... ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 am

gtmoBlue wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:

Agree.

But don't mention the "plenty of minutes" part if you post over at BluejayBanter... ;)

Ha, saw that thread and didn't reply. I do think there are good chances for minutes, for two reasons:

1. Pace of play - we play fast and our PG's need time to catch their breath. As a frosh, Chatman played almost 12 minutes per game and he's more limited by size than Watson who could play and match up against 2's while also handling the ball. Two years ago when we didn't have a good backup, Chatman played 32 minutes per game. Last year that dropped to 30 with Brooks on the team. Brooks played 16.6 minutes a game as the backup point (IZ swapped in to those roles kind of interchangeably also)...

2. We like play multiple points/passers at the same time. See Chatman with 30 minutes per game and Brooks with almost 17 (and that despite him getting sick during the season last year). So far as I know, not even Cotton got too much more than 40 minutes per game with a few overtimes tossed in.. so it looks to me like we love having multiple passers, ballhandlers on the court. It helps our offense to work and it makes the case perfectly that if we get a backup point who is good, they are going to find minutes on this team.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Bluejay Banter Heath » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am

Tim does not speak for all of Bluejay Banter, don't lump Danny and I in with him. Regardless of how many minutes are available, Creighton has to get a Point Guard. Justin Robinson, Ty Hudson and Glynn Watson are some of the main targets. Glynn Watson I think is going to come down to Creighton and Nebraska.
Bluejay Banter Heath

Postby LJay » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Bluejay Banter Heath wrote:Tim does not speak for all of Bluejay Banter, don't lump Danny and I in with him. Regardless of how many minutes are available, Creighton has to get a Point Guard. Justin Robinson, Ty Hudson and Glynn Watson are some of the main targets. Glynn Watson I think is going to come down to Creighton and Nebraska.

Send my tag line to Glynn. 8-)
89 - 60
LJay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Trimmed his list to 5.. Creighton, Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, and Tennessee
bluejayfan00

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting