2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 PG Glynn Watson (offered)

Postby LJay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Read a story that said that Purdue is basically out. Good Gawd I hope UNL doesn't land him; think of all the trolls that would be over here :lol:

Glynn would be handed the keys to the kingdom and be a killer one-two punch with his brutha has by a different mutha, Mo Watson.

Go Jays!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby westojay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:19 am

One of the good things is UNL will have 3 other PG on their roster next year, 2 of which are underclassmen now. We will only have 1.
westojay

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:35 am

Picked up a Tennessee offer yesterday.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 am

Tim Miles didn't leave Nebraska for Tennessee, which means that Tennessee is clearly a far worse program. Obviously we don't have to worry about them. :)

In all seriousness, I like the fact that our visit is 2nd.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 am

247's predictions are basically 100% Nebraska, as anything before May was for Marquette, who is no longer a player in his recruitment.

Once they roll out that talking tow truck from Cars, Bo Pelini's cat, some Valentino's pizza, and their NIT trophy and conference tournament trophy from the '90s, it's probably game, set and match for the Huskers.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby 1620Jay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:247's predictions are basically 100% Nebraska, as anything before May was for Marquette, who is no longer a player in his recruitment.

Once they roll out that talking tow truck from Cars, Bo Pelini's cat, some Valentino's pizza, and their NIT trophy and conference tournament trophy from the '90s, it's probably game, set and match for the Huskers.
Most of the 247 predictions are baloney IMO. I don't think it means very much in the grand scheme of things.
1620Jay

Postby JayFan95 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:17 am

One thing that worries me about NU is the Big 10 factor. Chicago is a big 10 town, and kids from St Joe's seem to end up there.

CU would be perfect though with only one other true pg on the roster in 2015. No brainer. Would be a huge get.
JayFan95

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:52 pm

1620Jay wrote:
Bluejay Bilas wrote:247's predictions are basically 100% Nebraska, as anything before May was for Marquette, who is no longer a player in his recruitment.

Most of the 247 predictions are baloney IMO. I don't think it means very much in the grand scheme of things.

It really varies from player to player, and some of the "experts" clearly have better sources than others. Since 247, like the other sites, is football-driven, and Creighton has a relatively small base of alums and rabid fans, Creighton has no 247 site. I think that it's possible that teams without 247 sites and 247 writers/experts have less accurate predictions and may even be less frequently predicted, as those schools are not represented, so to speak, by someone having solid inside information and a vested interest in pumping rumors about the program.

Guess only time will tell if the Watson predictions are based on good knowledge or are of the dart throwing variety. But, if I were a Huskers fan, I would be somewhat optimistic about Watson and very optimistic about Morrow. Not sure who else of any note they have a good shot to land, but I think they're in good to great shape with those two.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Does that mean you think CU is in bad shape to land Watson? If so, why?
TrueBlueJay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:41 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:Does that mean you think CU is in bad shape to land Watson? If so, why?

Not at all. But, the 5 NU predictions, 0 CU predictions, initial visit going to NU, and possible preference for the Big 10 at least means that NU's in unusually good shape, by Huskers standards, with a ranked prospect (Morrow's a totally unique case, as he's from Lincoln and his parents are alums). I think CU has a really good pitch to make (my biased opinion is that we have a better product to sell and would be a better fit for a 2015 PG for several reasons), and probably has near as good of a chance of landing Watson as the Lincoln guys. I also think we have fewer eggs in the Watson basket than NU does.

Anyone remember if a Mike Mullins' AAU player has ever committed to CU?
Bluejay Bilas

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting