C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 am

Well, atleast we are involved.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook 1m
As expected, the race to get Indiana transfer Luke Fischer is intense. Wisconsin, Marquette, Nebraska, Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, Butler, Creighton, Memphis, Miami, Drake, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Iowa, Colorado, Ill. State, Ball State, Wake Forest and others involved.
Jet915

Re: C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Jet915 wrote:Well, atleast we are involved.

As expected, the race to get Indiana transfer Luke Fischer is intense. Wisconsin, Marquette, Nebraska, Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, Butler, Creighton, Memphis, Miami, Drake, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Iowa, Colorado, Ill. State, Ball State, Wake Forest and others involved.

83% of the schools don't make sense if he's "homesick"
taa71458

Postby Fake Father Lannon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 pm

I think most players use a code word like "homesick" to mean looking for more playing time
Fake Father Lannon

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:36 pm

taa71458 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Well, atleast we are involved.

83% of the schools don't make sense if he's "homesick"

The B1G schools also don't make too much sense cause Indiana would likely block them unless he decided to pay his own way for a year (which is possible I guess, Uthoff did it for Iowa).
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Fake Father Lannon wrote:I think most players use a code word like "homesick" to mean looking for more playing time

According to article - looking for better "fit" to mean PT. http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... m-indiana/
Rivals Top 100/ ESPN Top 40...Mr Basketball in Wiscy... Although would make the 4th Ctr, difficult to pass on his level of talent. Glad to see Jays in the mix for Luke.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:27 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
Fake Father Lannon wrote:I think most players use a code word like "homesick" to mean looking for more playing time

According to article - looking for better "fit" to mean PT. http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... m-indiana/
Rivals Top 100/ ESPN Top 40...Mr Basketball in Wiscy... Although would make the 4th Ctr, difficult to pass on his level of talent. Glad to see Jays in the mix for Luke.

If we were lucky to add Fischer, you could easily move Will or Hanson to the 4 spot. Artino has a decent jump shot and Hanson even shot 3's in high school.
Jet915

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Tweet from Luke Fischer which should eliminates Wisconsin

Bigfishy44: Out of respect for coach Crean and Indiana university I will not be considering any big 10 schools during this process
taa71458

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:47 pm

taa71458 wrote:Tweet from Luke Fischer which should eliminates Wisconsin

Bigfishy44: Out of respect for coach Crean and Indiana university I will not be considering any big 10 schools during this process

Also takes Minnesota and that school in Lincoln out of the running.

Call me a cynic, but when kids announce transfers like this, I think they've already decided on a destination.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm

taa71458 wrote:Tweet from Luke Fischer which should eliminates Wisconsin

I guess Nebraska is out of the fold :lol: . Realistically, if he is truly "homesick," I would think Marquette is in the lead.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:29 am

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... n-big-ten/

IMHO Luke is not homesick. In both articles I've seen, no mention of wanting to be near Germantown. Our chances have greatly improved with him, as per this article/Twitter announcement this AM. Jays were in his top 3 in the first recruitment.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Next

Return to Recruiting