C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

This is an interesting scenario. I believe he would be eligible to play at the beginning of the next semester? I tend to think that we might be the favorite here (if our coaches are interested). But at the same time, I like where our team is at right now. Wragge has cemented himself as the starter at the 5. Artino has provided a great boost off the bench. And we have Hansen as a freshman; as well as a redshirt Hegner. Three of those guys are back next season. Luke is obviously the most highly regarded in terms of recruiting, but I really feel like our team needs to add a quick guard to the roster for next year. Would I take him? Gladly. I'm just not sure it's the best move roster-wise.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 am

Duke1Agn wrote:This is an interesting scenario. I believe he would be eligible to play at the beginning of the next semester?

He is going to have to sit out one year (two semesters) per NCAA rules regardless of where he goes in D1.

He would presumably enroll next semester. I'd think that Marquette would be in the lead, with UW-Milwakuee and UW-Green Bay potenital options if there is no scholarship and he wants in state tuition rates for next semester.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am

Duke1Agn wrote:This is an interesting scenario. I believe he would be eligible to play at the beginning of the next semester? I tend to think that we might be the favorite here (if our coaches are interested). But at the same time, I like where our team is at right now. Wragge has cemented himself as the starter at the 5. Artino has provided a great boost off the bench. And we have Hansen as a freshman; as well as a redshirt Hegner. Three of those guys are back next season. Luke is obviously the most highly regarded in terms of recruiting, but I really feel like our team needs to add a quick guard to the roster for next year. Would I take him? Gladly. I'm just not sure it's the best move roster-wise.

I think he would have to wait a year so if he enrolled now, he'd be eligible midseason next year. I think we still have two needs for next year. A PG and a PF. I know we only have one scholie as of now (who knows with transfers and whatnot). If we got Luke, we can easily put Luke, Hanson (or Artino for that matter) at the 5 and Hegner and Artino at the 4. I'm not sure Groselle will get much playing time but he would be at the 5 as well.
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 am

AttyAlum wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:This is an interesting scenario. I believe he would be eligible to play at the beginning of the next semester?

He is going to have to sit out one year (two semesters) per NCAA rules regardless of where he goes in D1.

He would presumably enroll next semester. I'd think that Marquette would be in the lead, with UW-Milwakuee and UW-Green Bay potenital options if there is no scholarship and he wants in state tuition rates for next semester.

I thought they changed that rule?

Anyhow. Marquette wasn't in his final three. Indiana, Iowa State, and Creighton. Obviously things may have changed, but I tend to think we are sitting quite well.
Duke1Agn

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 am

We have zero scholarships available for this spring semester. I don't see (a) Fischer paying for his own schooling this spring or (b) us booting someone in the next week.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 am

Duke1Agn wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

I thought they changed that rule?

Anyhow. Marquette wasn't in his final three. Indiana, Iowa State, and Creighton. Obviously things may have changed, but I tend to think we are sitting quite well.

I threw Marquette in there for two reasons - 1) If there is anything to the homesickness some claimed, the kid is from Milwaukee; and 2) Marquette had a big man drop out of school right before the season started. That same big man was slotted to play major minutes next year, so they have an immediate need.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went to Iowa State. Isn't that where every transfer goes nowadays? :)
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 am

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:We have zero scholarships available for this spring semester. I don't see (a) Fischer paying for his own schooling this spring or (b) us booting someone in the next week.

Ah yes. Forgot about that issue. Sure we can't just ask the NCAA for a little leeway? How about another scholarship, guys...help us out just this once.
Duke1Agn

Postby taa71458 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:47 am

AttyAlum wrote:

He would presumably enroll next semester. I'd think that Marquette would be in the lead, with UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay potential options if there is no scholarship and he wants in state tuition rates for next semester.

The kid would REALLY be selling himself short if went to the above to UW system schools, especially UWM.
taa71458

Postby T-bone » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:53 am

I was assuming he would enroll this semester. Guys transfer over Christmas break all the time.
T-bone

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:05 am

T-bone wrote:I was assuming he would enroll this semester. Guys transfer over Christmas break all the time.

Yeah, I think we are talking about the same thing. By next semester, I meant the one coming up, which is what you obviously meant as well. Regardless, he has to sit out two semesters, meaning he couldn't play until second semester of next season.
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting