** Andre Yates - 2012 Commit **

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Andre Yates

Postby FreddyMac » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:word around Dayton circles is Andre projects as a combo guard -- not pure point which we should be looking for.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/university-of-dayton-flyers/highly-regarded-new-hampshire-guard-to-visit-ud-1257289.html

*FACEPALM*

Egg firmly on face.

I personally think that a combo guard is a perfect "get" for this year. The early reviews on Chatman are that he's going to be really, really good. You don't want a guy who's only able to help at the point as then you're possibly looking at a 10-minute a game type of guy for 3 years while Chatman is here. Yates should be able to give you that 10-minutes at point for Chatman to rest but also be able to play with him at the two since he's apparently a pretty good shooter as well.
FreddyMac

Re: ** Andre Yates - 2012 Commit **

Postby jayball » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Signing a freshman works much better for scholarship matrix. Yates is one of last quality PG out there. Good work by staff, and thanks to that for St. Johns recruit :D

speaking of the scolly matrix....is there an updated one for the WBR site?

As for Yatees.....I will gladly take another athletic left PG/CG that can score. It bodes well for uptempo bball at the hilltop going forward.

We obviously needed a PG with AY departing but after reading the espn profile it sounds like we might be replacing him with AY 2.0
jayball

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Yates looks like a great get. Shot 51% from the field and 48% from 3 as a junior last year.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Wow, big (and awesome) surprise. As a recruiting wonk I can't remember the last time that someone seemed so big a lean elsewhere and we end up getting him.

I'm gonna hafta table my, "move along, nothing to see here" from now on.

This crow tastes yummy!!! :P
89 - 60
LJay

Postby skywalker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:26 pm

From now on, LJay will be known to me as "early call Jay". If they all turn out this way, then I want you to make the call all the time.
We are who we are. It's all in the fine tuning that we distinguish ourselves.
skywalker

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Here are a few links that a Dayton fan sent me about Yates:

Dayton paper about offer from DU
HIgh school stats

EDIT: Links fixed
Last edited by AttyAlum on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Is it just me or did all four links take you to the same story?
TrueBlueJay

Postby mel ott » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Ok I am old school and thought some of these articles I looked at today may have been already posted. I just googled Andre Yates and Dayton and got some current great articls about him. Since I couldn't copy them to this site ( lack of knowledge) I would suggest you go read them. Some interesting info including NU being an offer. A little more in depth than the short article I saw posted.
mel ott

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting