2015 F Juwan Morgan (Indiana Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Juwan Morgan (Offered)

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Jet915 wrote:
fritzpointer wrote:Sounds like Juwan will visit CU on Sept. 19th. Hope Juwan has a great visit to Omaha. Go Jays!

Other officials: Vanderbilt on Aug. 28-30, Washington on Sept. 12-14 and Indiana on Sept. 26-28. I always wondered if it was better to get the first one or the last one. I guess it depends if the player commits before getting to the last one....

It appears as though we are the closest school to his home (although Nashville is almost as close). Rarely can we use that sales pitch...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:I think Jacob and others will be able to give a better comparison, but Morgan is 6'9" while Toye is 6'7", and he''s more of a PF than a SF.

Don't know anything about Toye, but Morgan is definitely a mobile PF. 247 lists him at 6'9" and 220 pounds, and I'd say he's somewhere in that ballpark.

247 also has him as "cool" on Creighton, despite the fact that he's scheduled a visit, for whatever that's worth.
JacobPadilla

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 pm

LJay wrote:Most listings I've seen list him at 6'7 but who knows, every time I see Austin chatman up close and the top of his head comes about to the bridge of my nose I chuckle. I'm 6 foot.

Austin is 5'10 in shoes at best. My brother took a picture with him at camp last year, and they were the same height. He took another one this year and Jordan towers over him (he's 6'1" now). It's pretty funny seeing the pictures side by side.
JacobPadilla

Postby LJay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:17 pm

#97 in Scout's new Top 100.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Per twitter Indiana is hosting Ray Kasongo and Emmitt Holt both PF next week and would take both if they can get them. Come be a Bluejay Juwan!
fritzpointer

Postby Jayz4Dayz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Not looking good for the jays. Cutting his visits down to three and wants to announce sooner according to this article.
https://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1676696
Jayz4Dayz

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Well, that's not good.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 pm

He has not trimmed his list from what I've seen.

The reason he moved the IU visit to this weekend is because the original visit date interfered with too many of his core classes, and he didn't want to miss those. The IU crowd seems to think this hurts their chances because his original visit was supposed to take place with Shake Milton and there was also a home football game that weekend.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby LJay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:53 pm

I would say that based on that we are out. Since we dropped out on Illikainen and other similar players I have wondered about Morgan still being in the mix. Watching his mix tape he is the type of player we do not have so I wasn't complaining.

When you go up against the Indiana's of the world versus the Indiana State's I think we will find that there will be plenty of misses.

Only have to get three yes's!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby R to the OB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 pm

LJay wrote:I would say that based on that we are out. Since we dropped out on Illikainen and other similar players I have wondered about Morgan still being in the mix. Watching his mix tape he is the type of player we do not have so I wasn't complaining.

When you go up against the Indiana's of the world versus the Indiana State's I think we will find that there will be plenty of misses.

Only have to get three yes's!!

We seem to have dropped out of the running a lot of similar players to Morgan (Illikainen, Schwartz, Wade???) since we signed Patton. It would make sense that we pulled back on Morgan as well.
Three is the magic number. Even if we aren't recruiting Morgan (and others previously named) anymore, we still have a good number of targets, particularly at PG and Wing. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot more guys that our staff is going after that we just don't know about. Even though we are going up against tougher teams, I'm confident that we'll get talented players who will fit Mac's system. I'm also confident that we'll have three more commits by December.
R to the OB

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting